Sunday, October 25, 2015

Rest In Peace Hope.....


2006-2015

Hope and her daughter,Kate.

Hope and her "supermodel' pose in the wheel barrow.

One of her big belly pics...

One set of her triplets that she gave me over her life time.... 

One of her resting poses when pregnant..

She was the most patient of mothers....

She was one of the top does in the herd.

Very patient mother....

Her mothering instinct were always awesome. 
She raised some beautiful babies.

Her daughter, Kate and her triplets.
 Hope was still pregnant here.

It was her seat of honor..Lol

Hope as a yearling..

Another pregnant picture..
She had triplet does this year...

Labor pic..... She rarely made noise... 
And we only seen her actually give birth 2 times
 out of the 7 times she kidded for us.
She will be missed and I am forever thankful to have had her in my herd....
 She struggled this year with the foot scald that really hurt her immune system. So then came time for the move and we dealt with barber pole as well. She just didn't bounce back like she normally does.. She had kind of had a rough year to begin with. Last December she had Goat polio as well. She fought to the end.. I keep thinking she wasn't going to make it the last week especially but she would gather all the strength she had to get up and didn't go down till the very end. She would have been 10 years old in January..
 She rarely had Parasite issues till she was older and that was just this last year.. She kidded well and only let us see her kid 2 times out of the 7 times she kidded. Never lost a baby or had birthing issues.. I have kept several of her girls over the years.. Some found new homes as adults but I have one of her daughters, a grand daughter and a great granddaughter that will be a large part of our future herds as I plan on keeping any doe out of them.
 Hope started my girls in showing at the local fairs and she never brought home less than Grand Champion. Her daughters did the same. She has always been calm, easy going and quiet.. I was told oh ALL Nubians are noisy.. well.. they aren't.. Her offspring have never been noisy either..
 She was also my first assisted birth.. Her mother had been laboring for 3 or more hours when I was a newbie goat owner.. and I finally got the courage to check things out to find a baby trying to come out back first.. It had been so long I immediately assumed the baby was dead and laid her to the side to deliver the others.. Only for the baby to start moving.. We then cleaned her off and cleared her nose and we had a strong beautiful doeling who we named Hope.
 She was  huge part of my learning about goats.. She is very much missed already.....

6 comments:

Carol said...

Sorry for your loss ♥

small farm girl said...

That's the part about farming that I hate. Sorry about your loss.

matty said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry! We love our girls so much it is tough when they leave us! I am glad to read you still have her does and does does does! LOL She was a sweet girl and I know you are broken over this. Sending good thoughts...

Julia said...

oh, I'm so sorry Tonia {{hugs}} One of the hard parts of having fur-babies. Hope looked like she had real personality xo

Anonymous said...

I remember most of those pictures of Hope, I am so sorry for your loss! :((

Hugs
Tree

Jewel said...

I'm so sorry but she had a wonderful life there, with you