Monday, September 7, 2015

Lazy Blogger.....

 That would be me.... I realized it has been...well a long time since I updated.. AND I am posting from the new farm. We have been moved in for over a month now and Animals have been here for over 2 months. The last of the effects of the foot scald are finally healing up and doing Much better. That was some nasty stuff.
  Breeding season is here as well.. We have the does separated right now in with 2 different bucks. One herd is in with a young Spanish buck named Javier that has come to visit for a while. The rest in the herd is in with a young Nubian buck we call Tobias. We should have about 19 does kidding starting in January. I am sure it will be a crazy time.. But worth it..
Little Ms. Della came to us last month. She is Great Pyrenees/Anatolian cross.
We looked out the other day to see her headed out to this herd of does. She walked through them. Looked around and then promptly sat down like this..
She is so cute! And looks like she is aware of her duties even at her age..


The goat girls enjoying snacking on Oak leaves!
They are loving all this room for the most part..
But sometimes you have to go out and inspect it for them.
Because there could be scary things out in that grass and they wont go till one of us goes. 

Della on guard.. 
But she spotted us watching her! lol

 All in all the move went fairly smooth.. We are slowly but surely getting unpacked and settled. The next big thing is a birthday/graduation party for Kyla & Kara.. My babies are growing up.. Seems hard to believe that over 10 years ago we started this homeschooling journey and now its over.. Thankfully this momma has plenty to keep her busy.
 As some of you know they are twins.. But that is really were the similarity ends. However they both are artistic. 
  Kyla is a photographer and does very well. Rocky Hill Photography is her facebook page. I have used her photos a few times on here. She has a very unique view of the world.. She has won ribbons and best of show at local fairs with her photography. Right now she has started piano lessons. One thing my kids are not afraid of is learning something new. It will be interesting to see where she goes in life. She is a kind and caring person with a servant's heart.
 Kara is artistic as well her drawings are very well done and she uses all sorts of different mediums. She hasn't quite settled on one type yet. She doesn't have a website or anything yet.. So here is one of my favorites of hers. She drew it using natural charcoal. She has already sold multiple drawings that people have commissioned as well as placed at the fairs and done well. She is my hunting and fishing expert as well. She loves to be outside. Well all of my kids do but her more so than the rest.  

Candice is thriving as a mom and wife. Her and Cameron make me proud. Life has tried to knock them down the last few month but they are not letting it get them down. I am thankful for them and all they do. What would a post be now with out a picture of the littlest goat herder? The hardest part is picking a favorite. Being so cute and all its hard to pick just one!
 I mean look at him.. He makes you just want to sit and watch him all day long... This is the two of us trying out the swing after his Pawpaw hung it. He approves 100% and so do I. 

 So the next big thing after the graduation party... Is the first Annual RHF Goat Seminar... I took the steps to make it start happening.. and people are seriously interested! It is rolling along now! I am excited and scared all at once. Hoping to make it well worth their money. We will of course take pictures and blog about it. It doesn't happen till October 10th.. but it will be here before we know it! 
So now I think I have brought everything up to date.... Maybe..
 Everyone have a blessed week and take time to relax and enjoy life...
God is good....

3 comments:

Carol said...

Your new home is so beautiful! I love the new pup! I've always had a soft spot for the Pyrenees breed. The Littlest Herder is getting so big and so adorable ♥♥♥ He looks so at home in your arms :)

small farm girl said...

I'm glad that your move went well. It can be hard sometimes. Your pup is a cutie too. Oh and of course you know your grandchild is a cutie also. lol

Tonia said...

Thanks Ladies! Jackson says I am his favorite neighbor!;)lol