Saturday, January 31, 2015

R.I.P. Jinx.......




 We were dealing with pregnancy toxemia in Jinx.. I thought I had it under control.. Then she got worse over night it seemed. I had a gut feeling to give her meds to start labor but didn't go with my gut feeling right away.. She passed away a few hours ago.. She was such a sweetheart and we loved her so much! She will be missed..
  I went and said I was going to be posting on a regular basis.. Well then kidding season happened.. 17 kids so far and only one more to go.. I will post pics soon..

5 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely goat! She looks a lot like my favorite goat, Polly.

the Goodwife said...

So sorry for the loss of Jinx! But wow, 17 kids!

small farm girl said...

Sorry to hear about Jinx. I hate when stuff like that happen. That's one of the reasons I quit raising goats. I lost some of my favorite goats to stupid things that I didn't do in time, or just didn't catch until it was too late. It broke my heart because I did this. I miss them very much. Maybe again. I'm not sure.

tree ocean said...

What a beautiful doe! I am so sorry-just lost a doe too, and I am not breeding or aquiring anymore-down to seven. New babies are so cute, helps a little maybe...

ps I still have Moonie looks a lot like Jinx except the ears!

Julia said...

oh...I'm so sorry Tina! My heart hurts with yours xo Sorry I haven't stopped by for a while. It's mid-summer here in New Zealand and our busiest time tourist wise for work. I get home and I'm too tired to do much else but make dinner and go to bed! {{hugs}} from Julia