Sunday, January 4, 2015

One.. Two.. Skip A Few....


Skipped a Blog post for Saturday.. Even though technically I am still calling this Saturday 
night.. Winter time we seem to get out of a regular schedule and stay up to late. Then we get tired and cranky and have to force ourselves back in to a routine. So we will be getting back to that Monday. Looks like winter will be visiting us for sure this week too.. The weather is showing 9* for a high one day... A HIGH!!!... I felt a cold breeze just thinking about it. 
 We are in the count down for Kidding around here.. 12 days... Boy are they looking it too. I have 2 that look like they will be first. We have a few more things to get done before they start to kid and hopefully all my stuff gets here in time. Seems like it was just yesterday that it was breeding season.. and not its almost kidding season.. Time flies when you are having fun...

 

1 Timothy 6:5-7

Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
But godliness with contentment is great gain.
For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

 Sometimes I have to wonder what goes through people's minds that are working so much just to get things? We at one time were headed towards the Great American Trap of so much debt that you can't even breathe. But it was brought to our attention that it is a heavy burden and is not biblical. After much study and work we are almost  completely out of debt. We don't own our house but thats okay. We have plans for one day.. some time in the future..   However.. I want to really try and be content with what I have. To be happy with what I have been given in this life I have. To not be hateful and selfish. I want to be able to not have to struggle day to day to keep my head above the water.  I want to raise my kids to look beyond the new stuff that they can buy and realize that its not going to satisfy them. Nice things are just that ... Nice things... They won't replace family, friends or God.
 We got to remember to keep our priorities straight.. This world is a place of many distractions and temptations.. It seek to entice and seduce us until we are bound by many things. Once bound.. We are a slave to things.. Simplifying your life frees you from being bound by stuff..  Freedom is a wonderful thing.... 



Don't forget to check out my other blog especially if you are a goaty person.. 
  

1 comment:

the Goodwife said...

We were in that trap, although we didn't think we were at the time. And then God drove us out of it and it's been fantastic!!! I think true and honest submission to God's will is the hardest thing to do, but once you start it's so freeing! That knowledge that we aren't in charge and we should just be letting God have His way, since He knows whats best anyway! :)