Sunday, January 11, 2015

Life Is Change....

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:11-13

  We all know that nothing stays the same in life. It is a constant change that can seem to stay the same. But like a creek, stream or river, things are constantly changing.. Kids are born, they grow up and become parents themselves.. We all get older as the days go by till we come to the end. Some of us get more time than others. Some make more of their time than other people do. I always want to make the most of my time.. I don't always.. But that is my preference. Or maybe it my goal in life to make the most of my time. To pack as much life as possible into each minute. Doing what God has called us to do living life to the fullest.
 In the last year of course as I mentioned before our life has had major changes. A kid getting married is huge when for the last 18 years my focus has been raising them. I know.. I know I still have 2 girls at home. (Thank You Jesus!) Anyhow.. I thought we were good for major change for a while... but no...
 We have attended church at our current church for almost 5 years.. our pastor informed us that he is resigning and moving away.. It was sort of a shock I feel like God had let us know before hand so it wasn't a total shock. There will be a handful of us left. Since his grown children and their families will be following them too. That will leave our current church body to find a new pastor. I have full confidence in the members that are left to find the man and his family that will fill this position. It will be a transition.. But Not all change is bad.. There can be good things from this.
  The scripture above has been on my heart since all this happened. I am holding on to God's Promises.. They are many.. He will get us through this. If we put our trust in him, he will work it out.

 In other news... Kidding season is coming in quick.... Thursday is the first possible due date.. We shall see.. It will probably start a Week from Thursday.. I am ready to bring home my newest goat addition & her buckling too.. Just waiting to get things coordinated with her current owner.  
 Tobias is Lacey's buckling from this year.
He is the grey/black kid in the front 
He will be one of our new bucks for breeding. 
She is retaining the doeling darker kid in the back.

This is Ms.Lacey last year. 
An easy milking 3 yr old full blooded Unreg. Nubian
I have loved the looks of this girl 
since my friend brought her home.
New goats are always fun. :)


 Things are crazy as usual.. Woke up to Icy rain but it has warmed up to at least 40*. It will be a little icy in the morning though. Its really wet and supposed to be back in the 20's overnight.. One more day of Winter done. :)

3 comments:

tree ocean said...

beautiful new goats! I hope kidding season goes well for you! I loved your comment about the lottery-my co-worker says, if you don't play you have a zero chance of winning...so I bought a ticket, but I always feel I might as well have tossed the two dollars out the window! ;)

Carol said...

The past 6 months has been a time of changes for myself and many that I know. It must be the time to "mix things up" as my Grandmother would say. :)

small farm girl said...

Wow! Talk about some milk!!! LOL. Change, for me, is usually hard. I'm a person who likes things to stay the same. When things change, it has to be a small one. Big ones kind of scare me. That's okay though, I'm getting better. I do know sometimes good things come with change. I'm sure you will find a good person to fill the void.
Good luck with the kidding!!!