Monday, January 12, 2015

JUST LIKE THAT......

 Kidding Season 2015 on RockyHill Farm begins! 3 days early by my calculations.. but within the safety window of kidding.. Day 147 for Ms. Lily and her twin Boy and Girl..

Boy in the tub and girl being held.
No names yet.. Boy will be wethered and girl sold at weaning
since I can't keep any doelings this year.
They were a little shivery...

Lily is an Excellent first time momma!!
She had them clean, fairly dry, up and eating when we found her and the babies.
Thankfully they were locked in the stall or she may have had them outside.

Cute little faces..
Lots of ear for momma being 1/2 Lamancha..

Nursing like a pro...

Warming them up for a bit.. 

 First fresheners are sometimes iffy on being good moms.. However waiting till my girls are about 2 years old when they kid seems to have avoided this issue.. All of my FF's that are older have done an excellent job mothering their babies.. Lily was #1 to kid out of the 9 we have.. Soooo one down and 8 to go... 

 Ms. Mercy is Mighty uncomfortable....


A time to be born...... Ecclesiastes 3:2
Today I got to hear my sweet little grandson's heartbeat.. And him kicking at the heart beat monitor. He responds to his daddy's hand on his momma's belly and to their voices too.. It is so sweet.. Anyone else he gets still or sinks low..Lol To see my daughter this grown up is sad to me as a momma but also so precious to see her maturing and planning on how she is going to be a momma.. And to hear that some things I thought I said in vain coming back to her.. God's blessings are abundant.. 

4 comments:

the Goodwife said...

That is so exciting on hearing the heartbeat! New life, human or animal is always so moving to me. God's wonderful, perfect plan! So glad your first timer did well. It's always a worry. I see your plastic barrel hay feeder in the background there, does that work out pretty well? I need to build some hay racks and am trying to figure out what I want to do this time.

Carol said...

Sweet babies! I remember the excitement of hearing my first Grandchild's heartbeat. So precious ♥

Tonia said...

Good wife I am going to be doing a blog post soon on Hay feeders. the Barrel works okay for most of the goats.. bucks not so much.. and pesky yearlings sometimes cause issues..lol

small farm girl said...

I miss the babies, but I don't miss the worry of kidding season.