Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year



Thou visitest the earth, and waterest it: thou greatly enrichest it with the river of God, which is full of water: thou preparest them corn, when thou hast so provided for it.
10 Thou waterest the ridges thereof abundantly: thou settlest the furrows thereof: thou makest it soft with showers: thou blessest the springing thereof.
11 Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.
12 They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness: and the little hills rejoice on every side.
13 The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys also are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing. Psalm 65:9-13

 Its a new year... I remember when I was younger 2000 seemed so far in the future and now its 15 years ago.. I am sure many people that are *ahem* older have thought similar things over the years.
  This is the year I will turn 40... Many things in the Bible happen at 40 days and 40 years. Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years. Many things have happened to me in the last 40 years. I grew up, got married, had kids, raised them and now they are starting to get married and have their kids.
 I have been alive long enough to recognize the cycle of life and long enough to fully trust my God. To know that even in severe droughts he takes care of us. Even when we may wander from him for a time he will be right where we left him. 
I am thankful for my pastures that are clothed with flocks, the ridges that are watered and the years crowned with His goodness.. 
I am looking forward to 2015!


  

1 comment:

Carol said...

Happy New Year Tonia!!! I am feeling very good about 2015 and so ready to put 2014 to rest.