Thursday, August 14, 2014

Oh That Wonderful( Cough Choke Gag) Aroma.......

..........Coming from the goat pen... Yep, Its that time of year.. Breeding season has commenced..
                                              Dexter.... Meet all 12 goat ladies...
 All 12 goat ladies meet Dexter......

Looks like the first kids will be due around January 15th if all goes according to plan.. In the mean time.. My barn smells very very very strong.. I mean Very strong of Bucky Odor...... Very... Did I say Very??? Haha

5 comments:

Sandy@American Way Farm said...

Ahhh, yes, the aroma of love is in the air! Here's hoping for a very productive breeding season and lots of kids next year!

Carol said...

He may be stinky...but he sure is handsome :)

tree ocean said...

I must have lost track of you because I thought you were keeping your own buck(s)? They can be very difficult to keep enclosed esp if they can smell a doe!

The buck in the pix is a big boy!

Hope it's a doe year!

*~*~*~*~Tonia said...

Dexter the buck in the pics is a nice sized 2 year old so he still has a little growing to do. Lol
I have kept bucks off and on. I had my Spanish buck,Zeke last year but he was to much buck for one little farm. He needed a larger Harem he now lives with 60 plus does.I am sure he is happy. I kept some of his girls and was hoping for a buck out of a certain doe but she miscarried from being butted in the stomach.
I sold Zeke and was unsure of which direction I wanted to go in with breeding this year. Hoping next year to find another Spanish buck that is younger and able to handle him more. Spanish seem to be a little more wild but oh my the babies are fantastic! :)

Queenacres said...

We are getting a lot of that buck aroma here as well. It probably wouldn't be so bad but we are crazy enough to have 8 bucks here. UGH

Dexter is a beautiful boy....I hope you have a wonderful kidding season!