Thursday, September 12, 2013

Herbs & Stuff

 So with a day full of Sending Pablo to his new home, School with the girls, and I decided to dabble in my herbs.. Put together a few tinctures and oil infusions. It's so much fun and relaxes me. Kyle's statement of the day.. "So instead of black cauldrons its glass jars?" He is always calling my herbs and stuff my witchdoctorin'.. I tell him there is now Witch about it God made these herbs! lol
  I have to say first that Pablo I think has went to an excellent home. I received a message tonight that they just love him. It always makes you feel good.
  The tinctures I put together today are cayenne tincture, a kidding tincture, and a headache & fever tincture. I started more muscle rub oil infusions and a healing salve base.  I actually wrote down the recipes this time.. So if they work I can go back and repeat it. I wont give out my recipes.. yet...
 But Cayenne Tincture is something I think is amazing!.. It heals, gives a boost when an animal is sick or having issues.. We had a little banty rooster that was almost dead one morning.. I had just started my cayenne tincture a few days before so it wasn't very strong yet. But I had my daughter give him a few drops every hour. By that night he was sitting up and the next day back to herding his ladies. We gave it to him for a few days once a day to make sure we had it(whatever it was) taken care of.
 To make Cayenne tincture you Need Apple Cider Vinegar and Cayenne Powder or dried peppers. You want at least a 40,000 heat unit pepper. And just because its hotter doesn't mean its better. It just means it will burn a little more going in... and Out..  You need 2 cups of crushed dried peppers or powder and add to that 4 cups of the Apple cider vinegar. Mix well in a jar that seals well. Shake at least once a day for 6 weeks. Don't worry if you miss a day or two. It will still work.. At the end of 6 weeks Strain it, bottle it and cap it!
 You can use it for just about any animal but cats.. I have never used it on them and they are extra sensitive to some of this stuff.. I dripped some on a sore that was bleeding profusely and it stopped the bleeding and that sore healed up in record time.> BUT it does BURN!!!! If a doe is bleeding out after birthing you can infuse it into the udder and it should stop the bleeding.. Also giving it by mouth Goat kids get 5-10 drops depending on the situation.. Adults 1/2-2 teaspoons at a time also depending on the situation. It can be given every 15 minutes. It is a power house of healing and system boosting! It is good for a wide variety of things.  Its worth your time to research it and keep it around the house and barn.
 Well I am ready to drag myself off to bed.. I hope everyone has a blessed night! And even though tomorrow is Friday the 13th it will be a great day!!
  Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. Psalm 34:14

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

Love this info!!!!! I'm learning as much as I can about herbs!!! Keep it coming!!!!