Thursday, July 25, 2013

Browsing Goats....


What greeted me this morning... 
I left the gate open to the milkstands so they could clean up the grass..
Sunshine the herd queen was making sure everyone knew she was boss still..

Elsie hiding this afternoon.. She was peeking at me..

Mercy trimming trees...

Some of the goat girls on a new grazing area...

Zeke trying to entice the girls across the fence.. 

As you can see they weren't impressed....

Even when he did this.... ;)

Little Ms. Maddie.. chowing on the Queen Anne's Lace..

We are getting ready to do our Selenium and Copper supplementing in preparation for Breeding season. All my girls 2 yrs and older will be bred for Jan-Feb babies.. All the younger girls have to December and are going to be bred for May babies..  Always looking ahead to next year and making plans.. We are going to tear the Panel barn down and move it back. Also add a few more panels and build some kidding stalls.. It will be quite the project.. but always fun to re-arrange stuff..  I will of course take pics and talk about our future plans for our goat herd... :)

 


2 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your photos and stories!

Queenacres said...

Starting to make some breeding plans here too.

I love Zeke...I bet he's a character!