Saturday, April 13, 2013

Coming Home!

Walking up to where the Goats are Grazing....

*No pics of letting them out as its a mad dash to get it unhooked and unplugged before they go through it. *

Heading to the house....

The new guys... They havent figured "Go out the Gate then down the road!"

Run! We heard the Treats hit the pans!

Bringing up the rear with the little Fellers..
This was their first day out with the big herd..

Some got Side tracked..

Run baby Run!

Last few...

Through the gate....

To the feed pans....

YUM!.... No for the nightly sorting!
We will be glad for bottle feeding to be over...

R.I.P. Little Ms. Charis....
We lost her last night.
I had been working on trying to save her for over a week.. Lots of ups and downs to finally have a DUH moment that I was dealing with a Selenium Deficiency issue.. I thought I had it under control but I had a few different things that separately can be an issue but when you have several of them it usually traces back to Selenium Deficiency.. So Charis passed yesterday. It;s always hard but some are extra hard.. This one was extra hard. She looked just like her momma and was so sweet.. She fought so hard too till her little body just couldn't do it anymore. So I just held her till she passed...
  Everyone else that was having trouble have made almost over night recovery after getting a dose of  BoSe... We currently have 40 babies and 35 of those are bottle babies.. I think... Lol We are getting into a routine now with milking and walking out to pasture. I am excited to see what it does for my goats when the pasture really starts growing..
 I hope everyone has an awesome Sunday. 

1 comment:

Julia said...

Sorry about the loss of Miss Charis {{hugs}} Always hard when you put so much effort into trying to save them too *sniff*