Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Misinformation.....


It amazes me on what can be taken as the God Honest Truth... There is so many Supposed Facts flying around online and in general sometimes it hard to know what is true and what isn't..  I am not one to usually post something on my facebook or blog with out knowing if its true or not.. Even things that Sound like they are true may possibly NOT be true..
 I don't blindly post random tidbits as the truth with out researching to make sure.. So many people just post what they think Could be true on their blogs, facebook and various other media outlets with out knowing.
  If something is true then we shouldn't have to make up stories to prove our point.. The Truth will always come out... Sins are always found out and things can only be hidden  for a certain amount of time before the truth comes through whether its good or bad..
  The older I get the more I learn never assume you know exactly what you are talking about.. Because there is usually more to the story then what you originally thought...

Philippians 4:8

  Finally, brethren,
 whatsoever things are true, 
whatsoever things are honest, 
whatsoever things are just, 
whatsoever things are pure,
 whatsoever things are lovely, 
whatsoever things are of good report; 
if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
 

7 comments:

The Homestead Lady said...

I see that all the time too...2 good places to start when wondering if an email or post is true is to look at www.truthorfiction.com or www.snopes.com I am such a stickler for truth that I have offended folks by pointing out something was false...lol...not proud of that, but I am a die hard truth seeker.

*~*~*~*~Tonia said...

Same here.. Thanks for the other site.. I have used snopes on Many occasions!

Brenda said...

Good point! It's hard to see a situation from the perspective of others when you have an strong or emotional response to something. What we see as truth may be clouded by our perspective. I've been caught in that situation ... and had to apologize for my hasty conclusions. Things are not always as the appear.

Angela said...

Well I apologize in advance because this comment doesn't have to do with this post. I got here from the FB Homeschool group, after I saw your girls with the babies I was hoping you might have someplace on the web where you had your farm information. I raise Nubians and I think I might get to expand my herd a little this year! I am always on the lookout for quality Nubians that are well-raised and suitable for our family. And then I found your jersey skirt tutorial!! I really should pay you a finders fee. You see I love jersey skirts and try to save my pennies to buy them when they are on sale at old navy. And my husband, who wears 3x,gets T-shirts at work regularly and won't throw ANYTHING away. So...THANK you so much! Hope it's okay that I am here!!

Queenacres said...

I have found truthorfiction to be much more accurate than snopes. Of course we also know the source of truth being God's Word.

I am finding more online groups and newslists to be more gossip than factual; and that's coming from someone that has a couple of yahoo groups.

As for the news media, there is no truth there, unfortunately.

*~*~*~*~Tonia said...

Angela I replied to your Comment but just now realized it maybe didnt go through to you.. I will find it and post it. :)

*~*~*~*~Tonia said...

Angela my original reply! :)
No need to apologize!! :) Glad you found something useful! I have a Facebook Goat group too.. Are you on that?? I can add you to the group if you like. I love those skirts. They make great summer skirts too!