Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedy.....

 It is a tragedy that happened today.. Those poor families dealing with their loss  and the senselessness of it all.. Its horrific.... But the thing is if One person had been armed there it would have stopped the man sooner.. It would had saved lives.. Just one person with One Gun being used correctly..
 We are advocates of the 2nd amendment in this house.. We believe in our rights to bear arms.. Our girls have been taught from a young age to handle guns appropriately.. My husband has his Concealed Carry permit and I will have mine soon.. I favor smaller guns like .22s  that are easier for me to shoot.. My girls will be owners of handguns as soon as they are of legal age.. But for now they will be taught how to handle safely and efficiently..
 Not that those kids should have been armed but if they had had better security and an armed security guard would the man had made it past the front doors that he walked through to wreak the havoc he did today? I seriously doubt it..
 I think Teachers should have the right to carry... I think firearm education should be taught in the schools.. not shunned as bad.. its not.. What is bad is the person that chooses to harm another with whatever weapon they choose.. Be it a Gun, Knife, Crow Bar or Baseball bat... They are all assault weapons when used wrongly....
 I pray for peace in those families and all the people affected today...

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
                                                           Matthew 5:4


2 comments:

small farm girl said...

I couldnt agree with you more.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

So sad for those affected by this senseless act. My heart goes out to their families and the community.