Sunday, November 18, 2012

I Am SORRY!!! .......

For what?? woefully neglecting my blog.. I mean I know I use to post Once a day.. then it was a few times a week.. and now.. I  think it May be once a week?...Maybe... I am taking a break from Facebook for a couple of days.. I am trying to post here and catch up with all the blogs I follow.... And that is a bunch of blogs!
   Then there is the thing called Pinterest...... Oh MY What  a world to get lost in!!!.. It's so very tantalizing.. It will suck you in and not let you go.. unless you force yourself away...
 There are so many things that demand our attention.. Whether it be something that Needs to be done or something we Want to do... Then before you know it you are out of hours for the day..

 So here we are middle of November already.... Thanksgiving is next week... and then on to Christmas...
It's getting very chilly here.. I have goats that are showing pregnant bellies.. Some that are not pregnant.. Which is disappointing.. because now I have to find a buck.. that can finish the job..  But all well.. that's the way it goes..
 We have one more batch of meat chickens to process probably the week after Thanksgiving.. Hogs are in the freezer! So its quite full.. We harvested the turnips.. Goats loved helping with that.. I just need to process the turnips and get them put up.. Garlic is planted and protected from the great hole digging chickens.. I have 2 good sized patches of that..
 We haven't cut a bunch of wood yet.. Poor Kyle.. A friend lets us borrow his wood splitter and Kyle started it and turned around to help me start the tiller and the motor blew on the splitter...  Talk about feeling low.. he felt so bad but he didn't do anything to make it blow up.. The guy that it belongs to didn't think nothing of it.. Kyle being the Thorough person he is had already looked up the motor and knew how much it cost to replace it. So the owner said Here is the money for it.. And Kyle is going to put it on.. Owner wasn't upset at all said it had been worked on before and they hadn't done a good job with it either..  
 We are well into our school year too.. I so wish I had figured out what works so well for us years ago.. But it is what it is.. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes so when its time to school their kids my girls have a better grasp on it then I did! Of course we had some difficult situations when we decided to homeschool..

Ice Pic from Kyla....

Turnips..SOME of them... and a few beets...

The goats enjoying cleaning off the turnip tops.. 
Ms. Emily in the front.. Looking so good!...

 We are about ready for winter officially here.. well not really.. as you all can see I keep a running count down of how many days till spring.. My favorite time of year.. the time of year when we think 508* is warm and 60* is hot!...Lol When everything starts to grow and we have baby goats.. Chickens starting laying like crazy again... Also the days are longer equaling More sunshine..
 After all the political hoopla I was feeling the need to disconnect some and regroup.. I think we made a grave mistake re-electing our current president but I also put my trust in God.. Things are crazy in this world but I have a hope beyond this world..
 So with that I am going to say Have a Blessed day!!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Welcome back.

Trusting In God is all we have left.

small farm girl said...

Hey, no need to be sorry! This is your blog! Lol. Sounds like you have been busy. And no need to explain about Pintrest. I REALLY understand. Lol

Queenacres said...

Glad to see you back!