Monday, October 8, 2012

699....

This post marks Six Hundred and Ninety NINE blog post I have wrote.. Since August 2008.. Wow lots of things have happened since then.. I started this blog to tell about a farm we were managing then... so the lady who actually owned it could see more of what happened in the day to day.. Long story short.. That lasted 11 months,3 weeks and about 4 days.... Crazy stuff... But it landed us here.. so it was worth it..
 Anyway we have been getting ready for winter.. Hal the Goat buck has went home after about a month long visit with the goat girls. 3 more does leave tomorrow.. Ms. Trinket who was here to visit will be leaving and also Robin and Rachel will be going to live with Trinket at her new home.. So she will have friends and my friends get a good start on their dairy goats. I will be down to just 12 goats total.. 10 does and 2 wethers.


This is the last of my Echinacea and some red clover blooms.. Drying them for tincture... I have lots of wild rose hips too..  I have found an idea for a mutli-vitamin tincture that i am going to be trying..
I won't be following this exactly on the herbs but the general idea is what I am looking for.. 
 I have also found a new favorite website.... www.frugallysustainable.com There is so much info on this site!! I love it!!! I have upped my herbal experiments this year and have been making tinctures and such.. For animals and the humans.. I also made a cold and cough syrup.. We have had a chance to try it out in the last few days.. Works pretty good.. Cold & Cough Syrup I didn't have everything it called for so I used what I had and it has helped a lot.. I have a wheezy kid lately thanks to allergies.. I a determined to beat this herbally!.. Don't worry I do Not mess around with this kind of thing and if it gets to bad we will see a doctor. But after dealing with lung problems pretty much her whole life and Docs just giving Antibiotics and over the counter meds. You realize sometimes they don't always know what is best..
  Sooo My next post will be 700...I am thinking I should do something special.. like a give away or something.. Hmm I will have to think about it... In the meantime I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
   

    8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
  9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. 
Phillipians 4:8-9

3 comments:

small farm girl said...

Congrats on all the post! Thats a mile stone! Thanks for the links about the herbel medician. Im new at this. Lol

Anonymous said...

nice pix love your view. :) The Willow came down with pneumonia again and this time I did not mess around...straight to the doc's, practically demanded the good stuff (she was on three rounds of different antibiotics last spring before they found one effective) TG for insurance..the price on the bottle was $175!!!

If you like to smudge, ie sage, dried Coltsfoot leaves are good for upper respiratory= sounds counter indictatory smoke with lungs but I have used it in the past with success (like an incense in the room)and it has a pleasant odor. :)

Anonymous said...

^^Tree ;)