Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Yes.. Fall Is Here....


 School starting......The cool breezes.... 



Then OMGOSH?!?!?  The Buck!!
You try not to breathe to deeply when you are with in 100yards...
He thinks he smells soooo good....
Some of the Goat Ladies are very impressed...


He has been sweet talking since last night..
 I think about half the herd is already bred...
So starting Feb 8th Kidding season will start..
and it may also end with in 48 hours of that date.....
 So this buck is special.. He is actually out of one of my does. Now I am not a big supporter of line breeding IF you don't know what you are doing.. After MUCH consideration and talking to people who know about line breeding. I decided to go ahead with this.. Hal is out of my doe Hope who to me is just darn near a perfect goat!...Lol  This tells about when he was born or at least shows  his picture when he was Cute and non smelly... HERE
 I already have next years buck lined up but the original buck for this year fell through. It was actually Hal's Sire that I was going to use again because I didn't have any of his daughters. But I am happy with this breeding we have set up..
  So That's some of the happenings here.. We are also going to be processing our meat chickens Thursday.. Then we have another batch of 50 headed this way Sept 26. I also may be getting some more laying hens.. Pigs i was hoping to send at least One to the processor and it hasn't worked out yet.. I am ready for fresh pork and no more pigs on the place!!.
 Busy stuff around here.. But I have decided its never NOT busy!! ;) all well you only live once!


 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:18-19

3 comments:

Julia said...

"He thinks he smells good"...you have me in fits of laughter here, Tonia! Aren't animals just the funniest to observe
..hehe

Enjoy your cooling temps and goaties. I'm enjoying Spring and warming weather :O)

OurCrazyFarm said...

Hal is beautiful! I think I saw him at Brenda's house as a bottle baby?? We are excited to have one of her bucks, Jacob, as a sire this year again. Yes, our barnyard smells "good" too:))

Blondee said...

Awww...so romance is in the air! lol

Can't wait to see your beautiful babies!