Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Frugal Country Girl's Beauty Tips

Katy Says HI!....
 So on with the beauty tips..
  Just so you know none of these are my original ideas.. I more than likely found it some where on the internet or in a book some where and tried it..
 First thing is Baking Soda.. We all of course know that Obviously you can use it for baking.. And brushing your teeth. and cleaning various things around the house. But You can also use it as a facial scrub or mask...
 Here is what we do.. Mix about 2 T or so of Baking soda with about 1-1.5 T of Apple Cider Vinegar(Or ACV as we call it) or A citrus juice usually lime or lemon here.. haven't tried orange or grapefruit  yet..
  >Just remember the Whole Elementary Volcano experiment and mix it a little at a time in a larger than average cup for that small amount of stuff..
 When its done bubbling and foaming.. take the paste like stuff and slather it on your face(especially those spots prone to blackheads) Let it set for at least 5-10 minutes or so then you can rinse it off with warm water or mix a little soap and water and use it as a scrub for your face.
 It doesn't  tend to dry your skin out and it helps get rid of those pesky black heads. Of course always try a small spot to make sure it doesn't hurt your skin because everyone is different...

Robin says HI too!!
                                       
    I have done a post on hair before. And if you have been reading my blog for very long you know I don't cut my hair..You can read about that HERE ..
  You can mix a 1/2 of baking soda to a quart of warm water. Then use it as a rinse for your hair. ACV works to as a rinse for your hair.. That is my favorite.. I also use Olive oil, coconut oil or cocoa butter as a oil treatment for my hair.. If I am going to be home for the day I will smooth a little in my hair and wrap it up in what we call a Nana knot.. Leave it in till you wash it out later and style as usual.

Bonnie Didnt want to be left out...
She says Hi too!
 My life saving use for Baking soda though is this.. A foot scrub... BUT not by itself... Oh no... Make a paste with baking soda and peroxide and scrub on to your feet and let it sit for a while.. Kick back, relax for a few minutes.....LOL...yeah.. Anyway.. I am usually sitting on the side of the tub fully dressed and giving them a good scrub with this before heading to town.. or church... or on a date with my sweetheart of a redneck.. Because you know I wanna look respectable in my flip flops..;)
  I am a barefoot kind of person but being in the country and all feet tend to get stained.. Grass stains are a big one for me.. Nothing like walking barefoot through the nice green grass that is coming back here after the rain from H. Isaac..
  So after scrubbing with this baking soda/peroxide mixture I wash them off real well and rub in a little cocoa butter or coconut oil with a few drops of Peppermint, Tea tree, Patchouli or Lavender essential oil.. No harsh chemicals or fake stuff being absorbed into my body..
 So there you have it.. This Cheapskate ummm I mean FRUGAL country girl's beauty tips....

1 comment:

Anke said...

Love those tips! I'll have to share them with the girls and see if we can't try them out together.