Sunday, August 5, 2012

REAL RAIN!!!!

We got about 2 inches of rain last night.. 


Moving in..... All that beautiful rain falling.. 

It got heavier and heavier....
We watched it from the porch for a few hours..

About 5 minutes after we decided to come in it blew in slinging the chairs around on the porch.. I was pretty sure that I would be picking the chicks out of the trees.. But I didn't have too. One rabbit cage got flipped but she was okay.. 
  This week the temps are suppose to be in the low 90's.. So very awesome! Its great to finally have some relief and some moisture in the air. People are still panicking because of the drought but hopefully some will learn that the way they do things may need to be changed or tweaked to be able to survive a drought. We shall see. Of course this 2  inches of rain doesnt mean we are out of the woods yet but at least its not suppose to be in the 100's. That will make a big difference. 
 We will be starting to get the gardens ready for fall planting.. Cant wait to have more yummy lettuce! Also planting turnips and garlic.. Not sure what else yet..
 Everyone here is doing fairly well.. Hopping to post some regular blogs rather than this sporadic stuff I have been posting.. The heat kind of has us Discombobulated....<<
Also got a girl with her 16th birthday coming up.. I am not old enough for this.. I told her we were cancelling all birthdays this year.. She didn't think it was funny..Lol..
 We are suppose to get more rain later this week and also hopefully will be hearing from the insurance about the wreck.. Missing my van and have my eye on another.. Just waiting... and waiting...
I hope everyone has a blessed week!!


  Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare. Psalm 75:1

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm jealous! It rained here too on Saturday...for about one minute total! ;)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I live in Jefferson city and didn't get but maybe 10 drops of rain, and those didn't even connect!

Carol said...

We got rain twice over the weekend and actually have a green yard again. Sure hoping we get more this week too.