Friday, August 17, 2012

More Rain!!!


We got another 2 inches of rain last night!!
Things are really getting green down here...
While we may not have much hay with cooler temps and rain the grass will grow!
I talked to my hay guy today and hopefully we will be okay..

My girls and their Creepy Crawlies....
This would have been a really cute pic if it hadnt blurred the frog's face..

Praying Mantis.. 
I have never seen so many of these guys till we moved here..
Of course I may not have looked for them so much..

Ground snake...
Small sized....

Yertle the Turtle..... ;)

Another ground snake.. extra Small!
He thought he was big stuff...

Really big stuff.....LOL

One of our basement critters.... 
He lives down there year around..

Isn't he cute???
 Things here have been crazy.. We have drove long distances trying to find a vehicle that will suit our needs and be with in our price range.. We don't want a payment.. Haven't had a car payment in almost 10 years... Thankfully we do have a truck borrowed that I can fit me and the girls in.. If we want to go anywhere as a family we have to take Kyle's work truck and the borrowed truck.. :(
 The Highway patrol did verify that Kyle was NOT speeding so the wreck was 100% the other persons fault.. I am thankful no one was hurt.. But do you know that if you take an ambulance ride Just to get checked out that its an automatic amount ? that you get on top of the Ambulance bill being paid.. I guess we are to honest... Kyle was sore but he didn't go to the doctor.. So he was barely reimbursed for the missed day of work plus all the chaos this has caused us..  Driving a 70 mile round trip just to pick up the rental car and then again 3 days after they settled had to make that trip.. We didn't get to take the girls camping because of it.. But since we didn't have a reservation.. they wont make up for it..
 Soooo where we are at now?? Looking for a vehicle.. Trying to not be discouraged and putting our faith in God that there is Something out there to meet our needs.. He has promised to do this..  While I sound  whiny  really I am not.. I am Thankful Kyle is still here.. Thankful no one was really hurt and that they gave us double what we thought they would on the van it being a salvaged titled all.. I believe there is a reason for all of this.. Not sure what yet.. But I do believe everything happens for a reason..
 Okay so what else has been going on?? Well every goat on this place has started coming heat... Tails flaggin' Hormonal acting, and starving to death heat... They believe that I am hiding a buck some where.. Well he is quite a distance from us still.. It will be a couple of weeks before we get him here. In the mean time we have to put up with all the hormonal goaties...
 The storm before last threw a branch on top of my green house and dripped the plastic we thought would work for at least a year.. :(.. Meat chickens are growing.. We are at 49... One decided he wanted to eat with the pigs.. Pig tried to warn him away and chomped to hard.. then proceeded to finish the chick off...That was the only one so far.. Pigs are at 200lbs now.. They will be 6 months in a week or so.. Hopefully another month they will be ready for the processors.. I was debating on sending one now.
 My tomatoes have taken off again.. Blister beetles had eaten on them but they came out o fit and are all green and have new blossoms.. Hopefully I will get more tomatoes soon..
 Getting ready to start planting turnips, lettuce, garlic and a few other things.. I cant wait for lettuce again! When it got hot it bolted and I couldn't keep it cool enough.. Store bought is just so bland tasting.. Also going to be planting some cooler weather stuff for the goats. I am using a mix that is for wild animal plot. Mainly White tail deer which goats have many similar habits..
  We also have birthday's coming up soon....  My girls all 3 have birthdays in September.. it will be 16, 15 & 15.. Don't know where the time went....


  Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
James 4:13-15

3 comments:

goatpod2 said...

Glad you're getting some rain! We got some rain this morning.

Amy

Becky said...

We got a little bit of rain this morning! =D

Carol said...

We've gotten some rain here... enough that we had to actually mow the grass :0) Hoping my tomatoes and peppers will take off again too. The squash are gone :0(