Saturday, July 14, 2012

THEY"RE HERE!!!!


Cute little fluff balls...
Kyla took this pic.. I think its a good one!
  
Checking things out and falling asleep..

You know eating is such hard work......

Just.....cant.....keep......eyes.....open........

The Button Quail are suspicious critters..
They didn't know what to think...

My Echinacea and friend!

I am so happy to have FINALLY gotten Echinacea to start from seed..
I have to good size plants.. Hopefully it will continue to grow and spread!
  So the meat chickens have been here since Thursday.. So far so good.. Had a close call with the water container and a chick underneath.. But amazingly it was okay..  We weren't able to feed exactly wht we wanted and had to go with Gamebird starter since the Organic Non-Gmo was out of our reach right now..
 We are feeding a Probiotic source along with the game bird starter and also things like eggs being fed back to them.. Also we will be adding things like Black Oil Sunflower seeds and Flax seeds to their diet once they reach a certain age. They will be on pasture also.. This is the first time for raising the actual Meat chickens and we will be figuring out exactly how we want to work things.. Hoping to raise more in the future..

 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
                                       Proverbs 6:6-8

6 comments:

Carol said...

i remember my dad raising meat chickens when I was a kid..I'd have to help pluck all of those chickens and I hated it. But they sure tasted good.

Carol said...

Oh and I still love that photo of the chicks! She has a great eye with the camera :0)

goatpod2 said...

They're cute! We have pretty many Echinacea plants here.

Amy

Brenda said...

The chicks look great! I knew you would be great at raising them. :D

TJ said...

Cute!

tree ocean said...

great pix hope they are doing well! I gave me neighbor a bunch of fertile eggs this spring for her new incubator and she didn't have much luck. Then I gave a clutch to a barred rock who wouldn't set them Then my black australop went broody on a wire bottomed cage so I put grainbags under her nest to help keep the moisture in. The eggs started to stink and I was all ready to take them out and didn't get to them and that night she hatched one out! Only one, I let her sit the last stinky eggs a few more days and then took them out. So I hope it's a hen and not a rooster after all that! Four dozen eggs for one chick!