Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Peach Butter & Blackberry Syrup



Peach Butter...
Well... I had a 10lb box of peaches..
About a quarter of them had been eaten..
I chopped upthe remainder and covered with water.
Simmered till soft.. Strained out and run through the
 food processor to chop up the skin and
then put it through the Food Sieve
(I think thats what its called)..
 Then took that and added Sugar to taste,
a couple of Tablespoons of Cinnamon,
some cloves and a piece of Vanilla bean..
Mix well and simmered for a few hours to desired
consistency and packed in hot jars and
processed according to Ball blue  book instructions..
 I got about 9 pints out of that.. Yummy stuff!

Blackberry Syrup...
I had a pan full of Wild Blackberries
About a gallon
 I added enough water to cook them till soft.
Put them through the food mill sieve thingy..
To help remove the seeds and squish out the juice..
 Then I put the juice back on the stove added enough sugar
to make syrup and brought to a boil for 3 minutes
(trying to NOT let it boil over) and then pour into hot jars and process..
That one you will have to look up for processing times.. I cant remember..
The ball blue bookprobably has something that can be adjusted for the syrup..
 A teaspoon or so of this in a glass of sweet tea
is the BEST  blackberry flavored tea Ever!
 I am having a hard time Not opening a jar just so I can put some in my tea....



I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:1-2

 It seemed so surreal yesterday. I know that worse things happen but the suddenness of the wreck just has made me really think.. Yesterday morning praying with my girls like we do just about every morning before starting our day.... What would have happened if I had rushed things that day and not remembered to pray safety over my husband like I normally do.. Maybe things would have been okay... Or maybe I would be spending the next weeks or months helping my husband mend.. or worst case making funeral plans..
 What if.... Hold so much in those 2 little words..
 We are dealing with the insurance company right now. I feel sorry for the people that turned in front of Kyle. They only carried Liability like us.. But the difference is she was a fault. So while things should be paid for us. it wont be for them. She feels the need to try and slander Kyle by saying things about him from him being Drunk(which is just laughable because of how he will clearly tell you his views of Alcohol) to saying he was speeding.. Which the report should show that he wasn't. He had his cruise set at 52 and the speed limit was 55.
 Plain and simple she chose to turn in a dangerous spot instead of driving another 15-20 feet to have a safer view. He topped the hill and she never even looked as she turned right into his path..
Just that quick. He said he could see it coming and there was nothing he could do to stop it.. There are so many directions  you could go with this in applying this to life in general.. From going along and not paying much attention to the danger that could be ahead from our choices to seeing danger coming for you and not being able to do anything but trust God that it will be okay....

1 comment:

Queenacres said...

I love the idea of using the syrup in your tea. What a great idea!
As far as the wreck, just know it worked out in God's plan and He knows 'what if'. He will provide.