Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thoughts(WATCH OUT)

 So my girls were gone for 6 days... Long time for this momma.. and a long distance too.. But... While they were gone they had no chores to worry about.. Inside or out.. just take care of themselves and that was basically it.. I had 2 of them tell me they felt useless... AND BORED!.... the 3rd one couldn't get a word in edge wise. She will tell me her version tomorrow I am sure...
.Hhhhhmmmmmm Interesting..........
 When the girls were told "They probably didn't miss the farm and all those chores did they?" All 3 agreed they missed it very much! Talk about making one momma happy! I mean I know they like it in spite of the mundane everyday care and chores.. I just like to hear that they do like it by making statements like that.
 I will get to the thoughts in a second....
Then I saw an older friend in that giant money sucking store that starts with a W( I really dislike that place).. She is about 12 yrs older than me and was chatting about the girls being gone. She said that I bet you cant wait till the girls get moved out,  you can sell those animals and do something besides stay home... WHAT?!?! She said one of these days you will get tired of it and want to do something different.. umm well.. You know it took me 28 years to figure it out WHAT I wanted to do in this life... Why would I just stop because my girls are grown and moved out(eventually not yet!)?.. I do believe there is life after kids become adults... Isn't there?.. I always believed there was at least till grand kids start hitting the ground....
 So I nicely informed her that I probably wouldn't traveling is not for me......  In fact we would probably find more land farther out and get more animals...I didn't tell her that just smiled and said well Nice talking to ya, gotta get home to my Sweet redneck..... So this conversation is rolling around in my head the whole way home... I tell Kyle about it and
he laughs and with out me saying anything about more land/animals He said if anything we will move farther out on more property.... Great minds think alike! I love that guy so much!...
 So here is my thoughts...... its scary I know..  Why do people always gauge others by what they want? or what they think is best? What is so wrong with Liking what you do in Life? I cant understand why anyone in their right mind would live in town.. But not everyone is cut out to live in the country or handle animals and Vice Versa.. And That's okay... Right?? I mean there are basic wrongs and rights of life I believe. We need to be conscious of the fact that everything we do effects someone somewhere for the good or bad.. But I try not to assume just because I don't like Fords that its the wrong vehicle for everyone.. That should apply to many things in life... By the way I wont hold it against you if you drive a Ford... I am not like that.. God did not make us all the same.. We aren't cookie cutter people.. What a boring world that would be.. I couldn't imagine being stuck inside 24/7 I would go crazy.. I intend to be that 100 yr old lady that is still milking her equally aged goat one day helping to provide for my great-grand kids Lord Willing!
 Which reminds me.. this saying stuck with me a few days ago.. It was from a devotional email I get every morning.. "As long as I think the world is all about me, the angrier  and tired-er I will be. The more I realize it is all about God, the happier and freer I will be." 

Ms. Rachel... She is sweet as pie...

Emily laying out in the pasture....

ONE of these is not like the others.....

You can see the little bit of green in the grass.
Its made a come back after rain the last 2 mornings!
Looks like more heading this way tonight.. 
Thank you Jesus!!
He shall come down like rain upon the mown grass: as showers that water the earth. Psalm 72:6

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm so glad we're friends! I like your point of view.

Emily looks so happy. I'm glad she has found such a wonderful life in your herd. :D

Blondee said...

Beautiful pics!

I often come across those with similar comments. Won't I be glad when the kids are off to college so I won't have to homeschool and then I can get a real job? Because running our home and lives, gardening, canning, cutting hair full time out of the house, being a wife and Momma and a homeschooler are apparently just silly ways I waste my time until my REAL job can begin.
Whoo-boy. Some people are so lost in life it's just sad.

matty said...

You are truly a kindred soul. I love living in my part of the country so far out. I might not see a car all day and that is Just Fine with me! LOL Here I am, nearly 60 and all I want to do is play with goats, tend chickens, weave, knit, and bake bread.... I plan to be 110 and die in a fit of joy over the spring kids! LOL

I see you are cool there, too! We had temps in the 40s last night. Do you think my garden will ever get in??