Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WILL TALK GOATS!


And everyone that reads this Say NO really You talk about goats??
I will tell you what happened in a minute..
But first this is Mercy.. 
Kyla's goat. 
Kyla took the picture.
This goat Love her human!!

Hope soaking up sun..
Mercy doing the same right there in front..
Mercy is a stinker.. Just for the record!lol
So back to this afternoon.. Guy comes pulling up the drive. Has his boy with him.. They are asking about goats. They were here 2 hours.. Which was not just them they were friendly nice people that live up the road a ways. The guy I actually bought my caged tank from that I made into a hay feeder. It was just his brother-in-law there the day I bought it. He delivered it to me last year..
 So they are interested in getting a couple of milk goats.  Had all the usual questions.. Price, how much milk and how hard or easy it is to raise them.. I do like to talk goats.. but I also like to talk Bible, homeschooling, gardening, chickens and rabbits..... Well you get the picture I like to talk... I said Iwas going to stick a sign in the yard that says "Will Talk Goats!" I have people stop quit often asking about the goats...
 So instead of goat info... I have some chicken info tonight.. I don't know WHY I hadn't thought of some of this before.. But I will post a link and let you read it.. Chicken Aromatherapy..... you chicken people gotta check it out.. I plan on doing some of these things.  Especially the nest box stuff!
  So before I go just remember this...
 " A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness." Proverbs 15:1-2 Easy to say.. Easy to quote.... But hard to remember when some one is angry or hurtful towards you or a loved one...

8 comments:

Brenda said...

But your goats can be seen from the road that comes out of town! They're like a big sign on the hill that says, "Hey there's a goat lady that lives here! Come on up the drive and we'll talk goats!" :D

Becky said...

I need one that says Will talk bunnies! hehe I love the questions people ask. Can you hold and pet them? How are they judged, by like how cute they are? You don't EAT them, do you? Really? Rabbits cost more $5?? ;)
Did you guys get any weather with the nasty storms that went through?

*~*~*~*~Tonia said...

Lol Brenda this is true!! I think thats why it happens so often. It didnt happen so much at our old place.
Becky we got a bunch of rain but nothing severe. We needed the rain! Lol @ the rabbits cost more than $5!!
Thats like a goat cost more than $50???

goatpod2 said...

We used to talk about goats all the time on the phone or by e-mail by then we quit doing that since we're not selling or breeding goats anymore though.

Amy

gg said...

Lucky you to have 2 beautiful goats! I got rid of my last goats 2 years ago, they're such funny animals! they become a part of the family!

Julia said...

LOL Tonia...you are so funny! I think I should have a sign (and my kids would agree) that says.."WILL TALK" (about anything!!)

MamaDragon said...

Thank you for your blog, I hope you don't mind my nosing in. :)

We are getting our very first goats in a couple weeks and I am nervously looking for any advice I can find. I've read lots of books but if goat rearing books are anything like parenting ones, well than I have a lot more to learn!

Lynn said...

One of the signs at our place says, "Talks to goats" and most folks drive on by.....