Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Milking War Day 499......


Okay its just day 4.......
A1 is still wild as a March hare when you touch her udder..
But she is still engorged but better...
A2 is better... She didn't buck around near as much.. 
They got milked 3 times today..
They look so innocent in this picture......


Ethel and her boy from August 2011.
Enjoying the sun and green grass..

Sprinkles Rolling over... 
I caught him coming up from a good roll in the grass..

Bar & BQ enjoying the grass too....

Freckles taking a chance.. 
Her nose is about 2 inches from the Fence...
  Its been a lazy kind of day... I needed to get some things done but I could never get it in gear to get everything done.. There is always tomorrow.. Sooo I am hitting the hay to hopefully get an early start on it..


 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
1 Peter3:9-11


7 comments:

Brenda said...

A1 and A2 are pretty. Their ears are wild in this photo. They'll probably calm down when their udder gets softer. Good luck with them!

Anonymous said...

Good story. :D I have an Alpine wether he is the most neurotic of the bunch. He will stand and stare and bawl at the house for hours. Out of nine goats!! Nice to see those girls are dehorned, mine has wicked leg breaker horns and has played "mercy" with all of the others-he just has to shake his head at them now and they back off. I thought about selling him off for meat but he is also the scrawniest!He had cocci bad when I got him and he has been a hard keeper ever since.

Tree

ps he likes a regular schedule too because he is so neurotic.

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Thanks for Peter today. I needed him ! And now YOU have a new follower!

goatpod2 said...

Loved the pictures, I remember those milk wars but don't have to deal with them anymore.

Amy

TJ said...

I REALLY needed to hear that scripture today--especially after the last two days!

Good luck on your continuing milk wars--hoping you have a truce soon!

Carol said...

Yesterday was a low energy day for me too. I came home from work and basically hit the couch :( So today I had to scramble when I got home. Now I have to go back out figure out how I'm going to cover everything tonight ...Jack Frost is supposed to visit.

Madge Bloom said...

Just came across your blog... love your photos, and it sounds like you're getting your jittery goats settled down...