Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Goats Most Favorite Thing......


To EAT!....
No they don't eat tin cans and such... 
But they do love leaves, bark and trees and bushes in general.

We moved some fence back over a small chunk of woods today..

As  you can see they Loved it!

Even Ethel stood on her back legs some!

You couldn't get their attention if you tried.

Going in......

num num num.....

"But I like the Leaves..."

Stretch...............

She is saying Thank you...
 Goats Love the woods! They like grass and weeds but when you open up a place with bushes and trees they think they are in heaven..  Goats remind me much more of a white tail deer than a sheep any day. They have many of the same habits.
 Sunshine the herd queen was watching us and as soon as we took that part of the fence down she was right there! Ready to cross over and eat the goodies!! It was so funny.. I saw her and thought she is watching us and sure enough she was..
 now if only we can get the pigs to stay put... Bar and BQ are quite the stinkers... They want back in the goat barn not were we put them!.. So we have been going back and forth.. .When its time to bed down for the night they were running under the fence to get to the barn.. hopefully we got that fixed.. We shall see..
 The Milk War is mainly with A2 now.. A1 is doing so well.. I know as soon as I say this she will pitch a fit tomorrow..lol But that is what A2 does... Pitch a fit!. If the grain is not just right she starts stomping.. A1 will shake the feed thing and mix it with her nose.. NOT A2.. She is to good for that!Lol She eats down to what she wants than looks at me waiting for me to mix it.. If I don't she starts stomping!! Hopefully she will learn! SOON!!!lol
 I so love this scripture...

Psalm 23

 1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
 3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
 4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
 5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
 6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

6 comments:

V.L. Locey said...

Nom, nom, nom indeed!

Anonymous said...

lol I can see your daughter milking the goat and the goat start to fuss and your daughter shaking the dish, "here, here!"

I just opened up some woods but my goats were spooked and nervous. It was a place where I used to walk them and I spent two days with some getting out the upper fence because they thought the others were out for a walk without them! I thought it was my fence job but they won't go near that electric, thank goodness because it is so dry it's not grounding well.

That eagle pic is how far along our trees are!!! The willows just have a hint of green, I CAN NOT believe how green you are down there I am so envious!!!

Tree

I love the num num sound it's so funny

Brenda said...

They look so happy out in the woods! I love that photo of Emily. She makes me smile!

I love that scripture too. :D

goatpod2 said...

Yep they sure do love leaves, bushes, etc. Anything up high!

Blessings,

Amy

TJ said...

I love your trees! I wish we had woods like that. Our goats would be as happy as yours :)

TJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.