Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Survivors.....

Here are some of the Survivors!
Freckles was still not to perky compared to everyone else but she is coming along!!

Mercy is Definitely feeling better!!! 
She climbed Over Kyla's shoulder to get here!lol

 We moved the big hay rack to the back of the barn
 and then panel pieces on either side so the babies could get to the hay .

Mercy and Spot.....

 Bonnie and the rest "helping" tear down one pen to reconstruction another...
Aren't they so helpful??

Freckles claiming the stool!!
Butter wasnt sure what to think....

 Since they have started feeling better they have been chowing down on the hay!!

Oh wait this is no baby!!!!
This is Ms. Emily She comes from Brenda over at Granny's Best
Em is  older and has hoof trouble.
Since they walk a long distance every day in her herd she didn't want to chance Emily getting left behind.
So she is here helping me feed babies...
She also likes staying in the back with the babies!!
 Everyone else has been cranky since its been so windy and they couldn't/wouldn't go out.

So things have calmed down some... and since I don't have enough to do I will be bringing in 7 new babies Friday...... They are all coming from Brenda but a guy that I sold one of my bucklings too wants me to raise 3 bottle babies for him and in exchange he will buy me 2 doelings my choice.... Then I had worked out a trade with Brenda for a doeling and a buckling already.. God has been good!! It was a rough week but we made it.. Learned a hard lesson but come out of it for the better..

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. 
Psalm 100:4-5

6 comments:

goatpod2 said...

Glad the remaining goat kids are doing well and sounds like you've worked out some good goat trades!

Blessings,

Amy

Teresa said...

been thinking about you and the babies, glad to see the others on the mend.

Queenacres said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are better! I've been thinking of you and praying for your family and herd. It all happens for a reason, and if you learned from a tragedy then you are stronger for it. Will continue to pray for you.

matty said...

So glad for all the good news! It makes me smile to see your babies all so happy! What a pretty "nursing Mom"! Brenda has the prettiest girls. I miss her blogging!

Glad thinsg are better!

small farm girl said...

I'm glad it worked out for you. I still hate it though.

OurCrazyFarm said...

I was so sad to read the news about your babies, Tonia. Thanks for sharing the info~ we have had our chickens in the same barn as the goats before, too, and I would have never thought it could be so harmful to them. I'm glad you were able to get so many kids from Brenda! She has some beautiful babies! And, like Matty said, I miss her blogging too:))