Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Escapee!!!!!


This is Ellie.......

OR as I call her Ellie Brat!....

She is hiding with her sister Mercy here... 
 So Why is Ellie a brat?? She climbed a 3ft panel tonight and Jumped over! If I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed it! She bounced and grabbed the panel with her hooves and proceeded to climb till she could launch herself over the top! Then pleased as punch came trotting over to the bucket holding the prize..... Her Bottle! I was calling her SpiderGoat in between the Elliebrat.....
 I hope she respects electric fence or we will be in trouble.... But for tonight I put a piece of panel over the top of their pen and then piled hay on that so they will be distracted by that and try not to jump over anything..   She has shown us all the little holes in the kidding pens for sure...
 I plan on doing a post about taking care of bottle babies soon...
 I found an interesting scripture tonight... If you have ever heard the expression "by the skin of my teeth" used.. Well I found it in the Bible tonight....
 Job 19:20 
My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth

3 comments:

goatpod2 said...

Oh my!

I remember the escape artist days, haven't had any lately here. The main escape artists were our Nigerian kids and we have one doe that used to let 2 of our Nigerian does out so we had to move her and she would call us on the intercom and it was during kidding season and we would rush to the barn to find out no one was in labor so we had to move the intercom up out of her reach we could hear her doing it on our surveillance camera monitor.

Blessings,

Amy

matty said...

How funny ! We call them "houdini goats!" LOL

I am struggling to keep the water out of our "redneck" boys cover... Ideas??

Blondee said...

Tricky little trouble maker!! lol