Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oh Those Hillbilly Tendencies Strike Again!

Hillbilly Goat Playpen.....
Well 5 babies running around was not doing anything for my already not pretty carpet!Lol
 Goat buck babies pee....A Bunch... Rivers! I am tellin ya!
 So I put this together this afternoon...
They are all doing good.

Our newest additions showed up today..
These are Button Quail eggs...
They go in the incubator tomorrow.. 
They are also Kyla's Christmas present..
She is so excited! 
Still no babies from Hope.. But she is acting fine and her udder isnt quite full yet but getting there. We are attending a seminar tomorrow all about conserving energy around the farm and greenhouses.. It looks interesting and we are all 5 going! Nothing like a day with family..
 I have more post swirling around in my head besides goat babies I promise.. I just haven't had time to really sit down and type them out.. in the mean time check this link out about the Changes to the Child Labor Laws... Its all about control in my humble opinion....

A Good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:1-2

4 comments:

Callie said...

So cute! Baby goats are so sweet. It sure is an exciting time waiting for the kids to be born and then taking care of them.

goatpod2 said...

Been there, done that when raising bottle babies but I taught them to pee on an old bath towel which they did go there every time they needed to go! When we weren't here we set up wire animal cages for them to sleep in.

Blessings,
Amy

matty said...

I adore the goat playpen! I hope you are going to post about your workshop. This is one I would have made sure to attend! It sounds useful and interesting!

Is it still warm there? We had another 50+ degree day... unusual for this time of year! I want snow, but not for another two weeks.

Nancy said...

Don't worry about the "hillbilly playpen". Lots of people use regular human playpens for goats, so that one isn't all that weird, LOL!