Monday, October 3, 2011

One Fall Day......

What we did this weekend.....
Nope nothing bad...
The fire department had a Hazmat training class..
The girls got to be victims of a simulated natural gas leak.
They had 14 kids altogether to "rescue".
 Kids thought it was great!


Riding out to the woods today...
We cut a load of wood.. Its getting to be that time of year..
Kyle was off unexpectedly today..
So we made the most of it..

Kyle and the girls went out and put up the deer stand too.
Kyla and Kara looking for creepy crawlies..

My wonderful Husband Who has a Birthday tomorrow!!
Love him so much!
Candice sitting on the back of the truck waiting patiently..

Chickens trying to bury themselves!!
They are loving some of the bare garden spots..

The goat girls!
Watching me to see if its worth the walk down to the gate..
They decided it wasn't and went back to grazing..

My fall wreath.....
Its made from lezpedza, golden rod, sumac and mums..


Things like this help me not dread the changing season so much..
Pretty colors huh?
 Its been a great day.. Beautiful Blue sky... My sweetheart... My girls.... God's Blessings!...
I just want to clarify about my last post that I don't think women should not work outside of the home at all. Some can manage really well. A lot of husbands pitch in their share if the wife works too. Making it the partnership it should be.. But I have seen to many women go to work outside of the home and be left with all the responsibilities of caring for their home too with no help from their husbands. They become worn out, stressed out messes... Women who choose to stay at home are too often looked down on as not living up to their full potential. And I think it is just wrong for people to judge like that. Not everyone has to have a "career"... Well I do have a career... Its Homeschoolin Goat Farmin Momma.....LOL


9The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

10And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Psalm 9:9-10

6 comments:

goatpod2 said...

Sounds like a nice weekend!

Blessings,

Amy

Julia said...

Happy early Birthday to your beloved, Tonia. Looks like you've had a great day...busy and productive..I love days like that. :-) Your hens had me chuckling...funny things when they spot a bit of dirt, aren't they LOL!
oh and I absolutely LOVE your wreath...must add that to my ever-growing To DO List!

Brenda said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. Your wreath is beautiful. You're so creative!

small farm girl said...

The wreath is beautiful!!!!!

I agree with you on women looked down on when they stay at home. I actually am planing on getting some bills paid off so that I CAN be a stay at home wife. I think it's an important job.

matty said...

I was blessed to stay home for ten years; it was hard work, but joyful!

When that was no longer a choice, I tried to work my teaching schedule so I can be home as much as I want... and, I am trying to live frugally so that it becomes a choice again! Soon!

I love the firewood gathering, don't you? It makes me think of Thoreau who wrote: heating with wood warms you twice -- in the gathering and the burning!

tree ocean said...

great pictures and comments and happy birthday to Kyle. The wreath is beautiful.

The goats look good and the chickens look funny. lol.