Monday, September 19, 2011

What do You think??

 Of yourself?... I have come to the realization lately that how I see myself is not how others see me.. Its strange to realize what some people see you as.. For example some one said to me lately that I seem to be pretty calm and quiet.  I laughed! Well because My mom and my husband would both say I am Definitely not quiet! I started talking young and never have stopped.. Hopefully with age though I have learned when to be quiet! Despite my love of talking I am not always able to express my self well in speech.. Many a Discussion with my husband has been by letter form!Lol. I have said some pretty stupid things in my life too. Especially when upset and I can't think straight.
 I tend to pick at all the bad in myself. Which I think is only natural or human... How can we fix something if you don't know what's wrong? We are all a work in progress till the day we die. None of us are to old to learn something new.. Our brains just might not always work the same way.
 I know there are some things I can do well.  Hopefully everyone can see some good in themselves. I was also told lately that I am not quick to judge another.. I thought "wow you really think that?" Because I think I can be very judgemental at least in my thoughts.. I don't always voice my opinions to others.. Because they are mine to give when I choose or when God leads me to give them.
 But I have had a couple of people tell me  things they think about me.. It just amazes me that they think these things. I never considered it of myself. And I know I wasn't always the way they see me.. That I have grown up and Matured over the years(Thank You Jesus!)
 But so where am I going with all this?....Well.... Not sure exactly.. I just may be chasing my tail here and not come up with much of anything...
 However... Sometimes I think people in general are quick to point out the bad.. In everything and everyone. News is almost always about the bad stuff, a lot of TV shows that are hits are about crimes and horrible things that should never be repeated and people are very quick to repeat bad news.. The old saying goes "Good news travels fast, Bad News Faster!"... So very true..
 One thing I try is to encourage some one or compliment.. It not only makes you feel better it may make them feel better too! That some one should include our family, friend or even strangers. Ever complimented a stranger on their hair or clothing? Just a simple "I love your hair" or "You have a sweet smile"... I know sweet words go a Looooooong way with me!lol 
  I hope I can encourage some one the way God encourages me or uses others to encourage me. I hope I can allow God to use me to help some one else.  I hope I can find it in my heart to be compassionate to others. I hope I can also be merciful...Because where would we be with out God's Mercy and Grace? I would not even want to consider it...
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
Psalm 85:14

6 comments:

goatpod2 said...

I'm just who God has made me to be!

Blessings,

Amy

Brenda said...

I think you're a pretty amazing lady.

Jennifer said...

Great post. Yes, the way others see us and the way we see ourselves are often very different. I try very hard not to be judgmental and it is probably because I have felt judged on superficial things about myself (my appearance rather than character) by others. I always try very hard to tell people thank you when they help me out and maybe it is because I sometimes don't feel appreciated in my own family as often as I would like. I am also probably more critical of myself than other people are of me. I would never speak to another person the way I "speak" to myself at times! I am too hard on myself. Interesting post, gave me a lot to think about!

MilkMaid09 said...

I wonder this a lot myself. Like you, I sometimes get surprising remarks from people - things that I don't see in myself. I wonder if who I'm trying to be is how people really see me as. My mom gave me a little plaque once. It says, "Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be." I think on that a lot.

Julia said...

We war againt not flesh and blood but powers and principalities...this is something the Lord spoke to me this morning because like, you (and many others) I struggle with a low self esteem and am learning that my perception of myself is very different how others see me. whether it be the result of what is going on around me or to do with our personality or temperament ....the devil looooves to wind us up and have us believe all/any lies! But praise be to God who is full of Grace, who can saves us from ourselves! I loved you honesty, Tonia and pray that God will continue to reveal Himself to you as you seek His face.

Love,
Julia

Sarah said...

We are so quick to point out the bad! I compliment stranger often and sometimes they look at me like I am crazy but most of the time it looks like I made their day. I need to make it a point to do that more!

Sarah from The House That Ag Built