Monday, August 15, 2011

Where To Start????


The Pain........


The results......

One Buck and One Doe!!
(We just broke our buck streak)

Little girl.... 6lbs

Little Boy....8lbs


Ethel is  an excellent Momma!

Where's the Groceries??

Nap Time!....
Tough stuff being born ya know?

The babies up and around tonight!

Bonnie is asking "Where does this leave me???"
She looks so sad!...Lol
She is still special!
 So Ethel had her babies Saturday a day after my suspected and calculated due date for her. I knew when I checked her that morning while feeding Bonnie her bottle that she was going to have them just didn't know when... Well it was about an hour later that she started labor in earnest. After about 30 minutes of no real progress  I decided it was time to check. I did and found 2 heads trying to come out at the same time. Then when I tried to pull her I thought I had her legs it was the boy's legs. So I got her head out wiped off the nose and reached in under her and hooked her front legs with my fingers and pulled her out. Then I was afraid I had broke the other sac so I went back in and got the second baby. Everyone was up and around with in an hour and doing fine.
 I haven't been online since last Wednesday... Boy was that rough!lol My back up PC had blue screen error and I didn't have the ability to fix it. I now have a new-to-me PC with all my info on it. Its a few years newer than my lightning struck PC.. Yeah!
 I have to also say that I have been blessed in this last week!  I had been praying about the girls schooling I was needing certain things didn't have the money to buy what I needed. At the least I was going to make do with what I had but knew there was better stuff out there.. Soooo Long story short. I was talking homeschooling stuff with a friend at church. She has LOTS of stuff from Homeschooling. She homeschooled her 5 kids and never wrote in any of the books just copied what they needed. I cant buy the stuff to keep but I will be borrowing what I need for the year!! Some of it has teaching DVD's too! I am so excited to get to go see. But God definitely provided a need this week! I am so Thankful!
 I also roasted chicory... First time and it turned out really good! If you have ever drank Community Coffee from Louisiana you May know what I am talking about. They blend Chicory with the coffee and it makes some good coffee. Some people drink Chicory straight . I had never cared for it. It always tasted like dirt to me.
 Its growing every where here. So I dug a good amount of roots up and cleaned them well. Dried them out then roasted it.. Girls kept asking what I was baking? Said it smelled like brownies. I made coffee with it Saturday morning.. It was GOOOD Stuff. I plan on digging up more this week. I need to buy a decent grinder. My blender and food processor turned it to powder. 
 I dried it for an hour or more at 170* in the oven till dry like  dehydrated dry.. Then I turned up the heat to 300* and roasted for 3 hours till brittle enough to break.. Then to use in coffee grind coarsely and it said to use a 1/2 cup of Chicory but that's way to much I used a 1/4 c and it was strong. I like strong coffee too. I added that to about 3 T of regular coffee. Its very good! Just make sure you clean it well. I used an old toothbrush to scrub the roots good.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Colossians 3:15





5 comments:

goatpod2 said...

God is good all the time!

Blessings,

Amy

OurCrazyFarm said...

Congratulations on those beautiful babies!

small farm girl said...

What beautiful babies! I always wondered about the Chickory. It grows like crazy around here too. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Julia said...

Your goaties are SO cute!! Congrats on the new arrivals!

God is so faithful in His daily provisions, isn't He! {{hugs}}

Queenacres said...

Congrats on the new kids!