Wednesday, August 3, 2011

We Got Maters!

This is one my Purple Cherokee Tomatoes..
They are more a Mauve color but showed up red in the pic.
This baby was HUGE!
 I processed over 14 pints and 7 qts of stewed tomatoes today.
I still have a table full of them!...Also got Cukes from my dad.
It will be time to pick tomatoes again in a day or two!


Bonnie looking CUTE!...
She is 6 almost 7 weeks old and weighs 30 lbs..
 She likes her groceries!
She started out small being one of twins from a first freshener. 

The Momma hen and her 6 chicks...
Well you cant see #6 but his there!
They are working hard cleaning up after the goats!

Ms. Ethel my Lady in waiting..
She has less than 2 weeks.
The barn is ready for her confinement...

Katie standing around being pretty!Lol...
 Its still really warm out....LOL... Okay its hot.. but I am not complaining... I told God if I made it through the winter I would NOT complain about the heat this summer.. I cant believe its August already.. I am a month away from having a 15 year old and less than 2 months from having 2 14 year olds.. I am reminded all the time that My oldest will be able to take her test to get her driving permit... SCARES ME TO DEATH!!!... Okay not her driving she has had practice.. Its the fact that she will be able to drive legally... I am Not that old!... I feel a Panic attack coming on... Okay not really because I don't have those.. At least not at time of crisis I wait till all the hoopla is over then panic.... A bit of a delayed reaction type personality!lol
Okay Anyway I just gotta remember.....
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philipians 4:13

10 comments:

matty said...

Would you believe that the scripture you have today is the one I used when my son was learning to drive? LOL It does help to keep one for dying of fear!

Your maters would make some fine sandwiches! Yummers... I am jealous!

Stay cool and enjoy the day!

Carol said...

Great looking tomatoes!!!!! We are only getting a few here and there. My plants just aren't handling the heat too well the blooms just keep falling off :(

Feral Female said...

Wow, your tomato`s look great! Ours are wilting and sickly due to the heat and lack of rain. The goats are looking good as well!

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures! Our tomatoes are bigger than the one in your picture, they are HUGE this year.

Amy

Anonymous said...

beautiful tomatoes and goats! Mine will be 14 in a couple months too and I was thinking about the permit thing coming up and glad to think I have another year! phew!

My Tomatoes are still green, I think. I only make it to the garden every few days and it is such a jungle I spend some time weeding for the chickens snack and by the time I get to the tomatoes they have grown another three feet and I start tying them and a visitor will show up and another week goes by... lol I think I have collards a waist high down there, too, and forgot to dig the garlic again!

We had our pitiful little week of 90's. 70's just does not feel like summer...heck, I'd take a month of 90 but it would be nice to hit 80 again this month, lol.

Anonymous said...

darn I forgot to sign in again...Tree

TJ said...

Yay for tomatoes! They look great

We're just glad we still have live plants--that's progress for our garden this year :)

Queenacres said...

Tonya if you think you feel old having a kid with a driver's license....wait until your baby HAS a baby!! I'm still trying to recover!

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Thanks so much for spotlighting my blog. You're too kind. I love your blog and all the great info you share.Keep up the hard work (but don't forget to nap, you'll need to regroup often as the teen starts driving)

Shanster said...

That is definately a big o' 'mater!