Saturday, July 9, 2011

Welllll.......

 I am back online.. Hoping this PC holds out.. My main one probably needs at least a new motherboard. Which with as old as it is its better to replace the PC than the motherboard. No pics as I haven't down loaded any lately.. But just wanted to update you all on everything around here.. Its been a little crazy...
 The baby rabbits didn't make it.. Thought 2 were going to but they got to warm and well... their little bodies cant hold up to to much stress.. We lost the last 2 at 5 days old..
 Moses went through a fence that was able to knock him down.. To get to Hope... Who let him do his thing Once and then proceeded to ignore him no matter how many times he flings his ears up, Blubbered at her or Stood on his back legs trying to look demanding... She just looked at him with this extremely bored look on her face as if to say "really??? you think you are that big and bad?" Lol He is now back on the other side of the fence looking desperate to get the girls attention but everyone ignores him..
 We took our visiting family plus others down to the river today. Its was a lot of fun we got to see a Large soft shell turtle laying her eggs! Now that was cool for country kids and the city kids thought it was like being on the other side of the fence at the zoo!! It was really cool!!Lol We ate lunch out there and swam for a few hours..
 Then..... We kept hearing someone honking a horn.. At first didn't think nothing of it.. Till we realized it was coming from the direction of our vehicles. So being the person from around here I told them I would go check.  All the cars were just out of sight.. So I get around there and there is a guy with his hand inside my cousins SUV honking the horn over and over!!!  So I realize he is wanting through to the field. I hollered over I am getting the keys hold on.. Only Hollering because he was still a good distance away.. So I turn to get my keys and he starts Honking again?!?! Really come on?? So I Holler louder "Hold on" He throws his hands up and says a few not so nice words. I get the keys,  Apologize and tell him if he had just stopped on the bridge we would have gladly moved the vehicles.. There was no reason to be rude about it... Oh and that's when he got Really Rude!! 3 of my cousins had walked up about that time but he didnt see them and was mouthing off about having to make hay and all this stuff... Since when do you make hay with a Brush Hog?
 Let me insert here that I have the Utmost respect for farmers and the need to get hay made while the sun shines! But he did not have any haymaking equipment hooked up but a Brush hog!.... I tell him if you can quit being so rude and give me a minute I will go move the cars.. He mouthed off again then said well you all should not have been blocking the gate anyway.....Uh No gate mister!!  He was less than 50ft from the bridge that he could have stopped on and honked at us and asked us to Please move our vehicles out of the way.  I suggested that to him Nicely. I promise I really was trying to be nice. He said he didn't see our cars till he got pulled in... Uh again 50ft was to far to drive? He had drove by 3 times already so he had seen our cars there.
 I was Trying to practice A soft answer turneth away wrath....
 Till he Said Heifer!!!  as I was walking away!...Yes... He called me a Heifer!... I saw red.. It was not the Godly thing to do at all. But I had very little control over what spilled out of my mouth after that.. I whirled around and Said HOW DARE YOU?? He got red in the face.. Starts spitting and sputtering because unknown to me he has finally spotted my 2 cousins and the married one's wife.. I guess all this time he didn't realize there were other people around. My cousin told him "if you would shut up and leave her alone she will Move the car and get out of your way." I don't like the word shut up..Then he acts like he was trying to be compliant saying he wasn't mad. I never said not one cuss word and barely raised my voice but I chewed him out and was so mad I was shaking.. I absolutely HATE That feeling.. Anger is rarely a good thing.
 My cousins all said I was being much nicer than he deserved.. But God has more mercy on us than we deserve. I try not to give people what they deserve because I really don't want what I actually deserve.
 Then when Kyle got home from work I tell him what happened. Oh he was not happy.. Being this is a very small town we are bound to see him sometime.. He had a very noticeable truck. My husband is determined to ask him "If he makes it a habit of calling all women heifers?" He said it made his scalp crawl to hear that I had been treated like that. It was probably a good thing Kyle did not take off work today and go with us...
 Some people are so grumpy and rude.. People talk about the younger generation being rude and lacking in manners and respect well I have to say I have run into some really belligerent and grumpy older people. Our youth learned it from some one..... They didn't come up with it on their own.. 
Galatians 6:7
  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

 I didn't do well holding my anger today.. Thankfully God extends Mercy and Grace! I have to say I have improved with how I react to things of this nature but there is still plenty of room to improve.. Thankfully God is not finished with me yet. Thankfully I am forgiven yet again.. 
We enjoyed our family time and tried to brush off the grumpy old man.. I will pray that God blesses him and try to keep my husband from seeing a New Bright and Shiny Orange Dodge Flatbed truck around town... And keep praying for this fella....
 Have a great weekend everyone!!






6 comments:

Julze said...

What a ....rude, obnoxious man! *said in my polite voice* I'd be furious too, Tonia. Ugh...makes you want to....well...you know...be very rude back LOL! You did well to stay self-controlled and with decorum...I don't know if I could have!

goatpod2 said...

How rude, hugs to you sweetie!

Blessings,

Amy

Carol said...

I'd hate to think what would happen if some man was that rude to me and called me a heifer.... when I lose my cool it's a very unpleasant sight to behold. Thankfully it doesn't happen all that often.

MilkMaid09 said...

Farmer or no - NO ONE should behave like that! None of the farmers around here would ever act like that towards a family just enjoying a day in the creek - whether they had work to get done or not.
And no - no one I know cuts hay w/ a bush hog. Considering his attitude, I'm thinking he was not doing what he said he was but just wanted to act like his activity was important.
Good on you for keeping your cool, I have a waaay worse temper (one of my many faults) and I probably wouldn't have been 1/2 as collected.

small farm girl said...

I would have knocked him off of his tractor. Oh wait, did I really type that. lol

Brenda said...

I agree ... It's probably a really good thing that Kyle wasn't there.

Glad you were able to have fun with your family at the creek/river.