Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hmmmm...Title Suggestions??

Been running short on good titles lately...
Kyle fishing at the river 4th of July......
He didn't catch anything..lol

Soft Shell turtle laying eggs at the river...
All the city cousins got to see it..

There were about 5 of these holes...

A little stinkpot turtle they found while swimming..

The 2 hens that have adopted the 10 chicks..
The white hen joined in when we let them out with the rest of the flock.

Kyla letting Ethel finish off her pudding..
She loved it!!
Bonnie just likes to be in the way!LOL

She licked it clean!

Ethel has less than 6 weeks till her due date.
She has started getting a small udder..
I am excited! These will be Moses 1st babies!

The other hen with babies trying to roost in the barn..
All 6 babies are under her here..
We wait till she roost then scoop her and babies up
and put them in a cage till morning.
 We have been busy busy... My pumpkins are trying a Hostile take over of the yard!! They have almost completely swallowed up my green beans.. I am going to plant them again to hopefully get some.  Tomatoes are green.... Nothing ripe yet.. But they are getting so big they are falling over.. Note to self Step-in Electric post do not work for tomato stakes. Lol.... Try try again....
 We have a fairly slow week coming up. Kyle gets to be home with us tomorrow. Trying to catch up on yard work(its just a few vines short of a jungle) then head to the river for the heat of the day. We are under a heat advisor through tomorrow.. 
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. Psalm 27:4
 I hope everyone has a blessed week and stay cool!!

6 comments:

Carol said...

sounds like ya'lll have been keeping yourself busy! I have to plant green beans again too.....mine due to rabbits eating everything down to the ground.
Won't be having any acorn squash this year either. The seeds I planted early...drowned in the spring rains and the plant I bought at Home Depot turned out to be zucchini....so now I have 8 zucchini plants producing like crazy....there will be lots of zucchini bread at our house this winter :)

Carol said...

PS: LOVE picture of the hen!!! And I meant to say "plants" I bought not plant :( It's late...can't sleep and can't type either

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures and good Psalm!

Blessings,

Amy

OurCrazyFarm said...

Love the pictures! So glad your computer is back up and running! Hot, hot, hot here too!

Deanna said...

Who needs a good title... sometimes I just don't title. Problem solved.

It looks like summer is going well your way. What fun! Stay cool during these hot days to come.

Deanna

Julze said...

That first pic is too funny! Looks like he's "sitting down on the job chest high in water!"

Those turtles eggs are very cute. I have two red-eared sliders. They have only produced 1 egg (to my knowledge anyway) and Murtle didn't know what to do with it and it got broken ;-(
I hope one day that Murtle and Wurtle will one day have more babies.