Friday, July 15, 2011

Boiling Springs......


The river as we come up to the beach..
Okay a Missouri version of beach!Lol
A little sand, rock, shells and sticks..

 Kids going in..
Its COLD!!!
Spring is on the other side of the river..

Candice always at the head of the line leading..
She is the brave one!

 Kyla and Kara looking for critters!..

They found them too...
Cute huh?

 And then the Not So Cute!!!
It is a harmless Northern Water snake but pretty big.
He didn't move the whole time they were over there.

The Spring...
Candice Jumped in!!
I soooo wished I had had my camera when she did.
Her face was priceless coming out of the water.
 This spring puts out 10-12 Million gallons a day!!
It looks shallow but right at the edge its waist deep on Candice.

This is where it flows into the river.
 Mixing with the slightly Warmer water..

Walking across you hit pockets of Cold and Warm.
 It mixes well enough that right around the bend 
at the bigger swimming hole its COLD!
 Candice went off the rope swing there. 
I had left my camera in the van then.. 
 It was a lot of fun! We are blessed here in Missouri to find good swimming holes like this. This one we did have to travel a little bit but not bad. My kids have a blast. We got to go with friends this time and that always nice too. Now that my kids are older I don't have to worry about keeping a hold of them while in the water. When they were little they wore a life jacket the entire time at the river. Especially up to about 6-7 yrs old. When they would easily get distracted and could end up in the water before I had a chance to catch them.. I never go to the river just me and the girls either. I like for there to be at least one more adult to think clearly in case of emergency.
 Yesterday when we got down to the river there were 3 little girls way out of sight of any adult over by the spring the oldest was Maybe 10 and they had a baby girl maybe 2 with them. My friend and I were like "You GOT to be Kidding me!" The current in this area was strong enough to sweep my feet out from under me. If that baby had fell in she would have been gone. Not to mention what it would have done to the older girls if something would have happened. And also the danger of weirdos!! 
 There was one place we were going to and I kept seeing one certain guy there. Come to find out he was a registered Sex offender and he goes where all the families close by go swimming. Nothing you can do to stop him from going there. Things like that make me want to smack a parent or 2. I never did see who those girls belonged too. Okay I will get off my soapbox...
   My girls are gone to visit Nana and Grampie for the weekend so I am doing all the chores and being very slow about it..Lol They keep me focused and are such big helps and company I hate to see them go. But they deserve a visit with their Nana and Grampie. They get spoiled rotten there! All well that's what grandparents are for!... Or so I have been told!

  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

 I hope everyone has a great weekend.. I get to enjoy some time to myself and time with Kyle. Woo hooo a date!lol

5 comments:

Carol said...

Looks like a beautiful spot to "chill" out on a hot summer day1 :0

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures! When we had a family reunion in February 2011, at my Mom's cousin and his wife's house, the tables were right by a swimming pool so we kept hold of my nephew the whole time, he's 2.

Or we would carry him until it was safe to let him wander around in the backyard where it was fenced off and no pool there. The reunion was in Florida. My parent's love being grandparent's and I love being an Aunt, they all love their Aunt Amy and their Granny and Grandpa as well. When my niece's used to live close by, my almost 7 year old niece loved staying at our farm. My nephew is still a little too young to stay away from his parent's right now.

Blessings,

Amy

Gail said...

Beautiful place! In this weather, we all need to find a spot of paradise like this.

Faye Henry said...

Hi Tonia..
The swimming holes remind me of when I was a kid and my Dad taught us to swim at 4 years old... I still love it although I can't say I have been in a swimming hole for quite some time.. Our daughter has a pool.. Bless her heart...
Have a GREAT datenight with hubby..
Blessings.

Brenda said...

Boiling Springs is very pretty. The water is so clear. Looks like the girls didn't mind the cold water too much. :D