Sunday, July 31, 2011

Apparently.....

 I am in a blogging Slump.... Sorry... I have had ideas then I sit down and they dead end on me or I forget what I was thinking about blogging about! I haven't even had the urge to carry my camera with me... It must be the heat affecting my brain.. I will NOT complain. I promised in the middle of the Coooold winter that when summer got here no matter how hot I would not complain! I am not going to either! Lol...
 We got some Glorious rain showers and storms yesterday and then again at 4 am this morning.. Then temps went back up.. and will be up for the next week. One good thing about this it kills some of the parasites that plague goats like the barber pole worm cannot live in the dirt when its this hot! I still have plenty of green grass thanks to the rotational grazing. I just let the does out on a new paddock last week and it had lots of leafy green stuff. They charged past me when I opened up the wire!
 Some of my chickens have escaped and are roaming the yard which is fine as long as they don't disturb my gardens to much.. I replanted green beans, zucchini and yellow squash. The little chickens are really the ones who can squeeze through the hole and they don't do near the damage an adult chicken does so I let them go. They stay pretty close to the pen. Hobo is still protecting!...
 I did notice the hen and her 6 little chicks have claimed the goat barn is their territory! Along with some of my younger hens that decided to roost in there. I am glad because they clean up and scrap up making it easier to clean out the barn. Now that I am down to 6 does and Bonnie there is room for the goats and some of the chickens.
 All of my does apparently for November and one in December!... I guess the boys born around Thanksgiving could be named Turkey, Dressing, Sweet Tator, and well you get the picture!lol Speaking of due dates Ethel is getting closer... Less than 2 weeks!!! We have got to get her pen ready in the barn this week!...
Sooo I promise to get some pics and come up with something to blog about that is worth reading...

  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I hope everyone has a Blessed week!

7 comments:

small farm girl said...

Don't worry, I'm feeling the same way. NO ambition. But, I'm not going to quit. I just love it too much. I hope this heat doesn't hurt with kidding. Good luck!

goatpod2 said...

Thanks for the update though! I haven't really been in a blogging slump unless I'm on vacation with family though or spending time with family that I haven't seen in awhile.

Blessings,

Amy

Brenda said...

I think the heat affects the creative thinking process! Glad all the critters are doing good over on your hillside! I hope the rabbits are handling the heat well.

matty said...

You are always worth reading, sweetie! Life is busy in the summer and we can only do so much. If it were 97-degrees here (I just looked at your sidebar), I'd sit under a fan and cry...

Hope you are at the river today!

Sandy@American Way Farm said...

No matter how hot the weather is, at least we don't have to shovel it off the walk! Get an ice cold lemonade and curl up with a good book in front of the fan.

Carol said...

It mus be Universal... I'm not even commenting or reading blogs like I usually do...much less posting on my own. I'm going to try and make an effort to do better but I make no promise.

Shanster said...

don't worry - summer heat can do that sort of thing...I've been pretty lax myself!