Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Dreaded.......

Copperhead....
Apparently I ran it over sometime today
on one of my trips up or down the drive!!

Then right after finding the dead copperhead..
This was lurking in my Tators..
It was just a ground snake but after seeing the Copperhead I was jumpy..
It went away real quick..
Rest of the night I was seeing snakes even though they weren't there!...
 My girls are gone for a few days to stay with Nana and Grampie. Its so quiet here when they are gone. And while I do enjoy it some I miss them something terrible.They will be home Saturday. But at least I do get a date with my sweetheart tomorrow night and lunch with a friend tomorrow!
 Ohhh And I have to tell my good news. But first I have to say that I don't keep weight scales in the house. How much you weigh is not near as important as how healthy you feel. After my surgery almost 2 years ago I had gained some weight and having never been skinny to begin with I was getting miserable. So I started doing little things like I quit drinking coffee or anything with lots of sugar and caffeine. Then I cut portions especially late in the day or supper time. Drank more juice, herbal teas and water. I knew I had lost  some weight and was getting back into clothes that I had *ahem* outgrown...
  I weighed myself at a friend's house the other day I had lost... get this.. Wait for it... TWENTY FIVE POUNDS!! Boy was I happy!!lol  I thought hmmm well what ya know? So hopefully I will keep going I don't have a massive amount left but its a good chunk and as the rate I am going it should be gone by the end of summer! I don't want to be skinny just healthy. There is a difference. I have seen skinny people who couldn't walk a half a block without being out of breath. So that's my good news for the week..
 I hope everyone has a great weekend.. We are in for a slight cool down into the 80's Perfect Temps!!!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh No! about the copperhead! I'll watch a little closer when I walk up your driveway from now on.

Congratulations on losing the weight. I know it makes you feel much better to drop the extra stuff.

Enjoy your date night with your sweetheart! :D

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome! I don't mind the non-poisonous snakes but copperheads are scary!

Carol said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!!! Maybe we can cheer each other on for the rest of the summer to achieve our weight goals. It's not as easy as it was when I was younger that's for sure:)!

Carol said...

PS: I'm still dreaming of that handbag LOL!

Niecey said...

I would have freaked if I saw the snake!! The only good ones are the dead ones!!
And way to go on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!!

small farm girl said...

Those copperheads can be sneaky! I'm glad you got it. lol. Hey, good job on losing weight. Send some of that mojo this way. hehehehe

tree ocean said...

I think it's good not to weigh yourself all the time. I can flucuate as much as five pounds depending on the time of day. and tell me to go on a diet and I'll put on ten pounds, lol.

That snake sent shivers up my spine, lol. Ugh, dead in your driveway??

Hope you and sweetie had a good time, :)

PS comp was down for a week -I am so glad to be back online.!

goatpod2 said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Blessings,

Amy