Thursday, May 19, 2011

I LOVE This Time Of Year!!

My Comfrey bloomed!

My girls making bows and arrows!
Hobo the Faithful!

Soaking up the sun!!

 What I got!!!
A mineral tub almost full of pint size canning jars!
WooHoo! Very few have chips.
Some are not canning jars but it was just a few really.
A guy was going to throw it away and another friend grabbed it!

Kyle once again organized!
This is his used tire and lumber pile..
So nice and neat...
 Now if I could get my PC desk to be like that...
 I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. Sorry about that! We have been pretty busy lately. I finally got my green beans, pumpkins, and some gourds planted. I think that is everything now. We are getting ready for a Youth party for our church here this weekend. Cant wait. I love having get-togethers here! 
 I have been making chevre cheese and putting it in the freezer. I also learned to make a fresh feta. Kids ate it so fast I couldn't make anything with it. I haven't been in the mood to make a casserole or lasagna so the chevre that's not been ate already goes in the freezer.
 All the goaties are doing okay. Some of them started looking rough but I had passed up the copper boluses date. So since they have all had their copper they are looking better. My 2 little goat boys that have had cocci are doing okay. One is really bouncing back the other boy has seemed to struggle for a while so I am keeping up treating them. They haven't gotten worse so that's good.
 That's all I got for now except this.....
 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

6 comments:

matty said...

You have had your hands full! Sick goats take so much time, don't they? We had a miracle this year. I haven't had to advertise one of my kids. Very nice people have come by word of mouth and adopted my little ones. It is so exciting! When the kids get off their moms, I will have milk for cheese and soap! Yah!

Brenda said...

Your comfrey is beautiful. So is your lawn! ... Your girls have a very special relationship. I've noticed how well they work and play together. ... I'm glad you got the feta figured out. You'll have to make a big batch and hide some of it!

Feral Female said...

Sounds like you`re up to your elbows! Sick goats do take alot of time.I`m in the process now of making an ad to put in the paper to try to sell my kids and a few older does.

goatpod2 said...

Thanks for the update and good verse!

Blessings,

Amy

Deanna said...

It definitely a wonderful time of year - even if it is raining again.

Beautiful photos. Very peaceful looking.

Congratulations on those jars. I'll bet it won't take you long to fill them up.

tree ocean said...

lovely pix!
One of my does went down two nights ago. symptoms matched rabies, CAE, Selenium deficiency, menigeal worm, trauma...finally got some Nutridrench for goats (high in selenium and vitamin E)into her this morning and she seemed MUCH better tonight. I need a drench now, phew! hope yours are better soon!