Sunday, March 20, 2011

SDC And SPRING IS HERE!!!


SDC=Silver Dollar City!!
My girls had never been..
My Sister In Law called with extra tickets
and asked if we wanted to go with them!
Oh and this is the Wildfire...
It goes upside down 5 times...
Candice rode it 2 times!
NOT ME!LOL

We went in Marvel cave..
Walked off the Funnel cake..
All 600 plus stairs...
400plus were down and 100 back up to the tram.

Ahh yes the funnel cake.. Yummy

Little feller hanging around...

The 400 steps Down...
That is not a ladder its a stairway...

More of the cave in the Cathedral Room..

Some of the Boys..
They are eating Hay

AND Grain..
They get their bottle then run to the grain bucket!

This little fella is soooo Skinny...
LOL Okay he isn't because this is were I find him/her all the time!

The younger babies..

I like this color...
 Its been a busy couple of days. Very sad with Mariah going.. But we have been busy with all sorts of stuff. SDC on Thursday, 4H campfire cookout Friday and Youth Night at church last night.. Lots of fun with all of it.
 Last night when we got to church the kids were all outside and some one comes up with a cat and said it was just walking around in the parking lot. It was real friendly and I looked, I was like "that's OUR CAT!!!" Pineapple, on of the kittens had apparently gotten under our van in the spare tire and rode 11 miles to church.. I told them we do not routinely bring our animals to church!lol.. I couldn't believe it..  He was fine and thought he was the star of the show till we stuck him in a box and put him in the van!lol
 Today is church.YEAH! God has put us where we are for a reason and he will show us in due time. Good things have been happening lately in our spiritual walk as a family. We have laid aside hindrance's to our walk with God. TV being a major Hindrance we have went a month with out watching any of the shows that we had made a habit of. God has blessed us in many ways. We realized we had let many things slide that we hadn't allowed before. That there are so many little things that they sneak in to TV. Even PBS lately I had to turn it off because of something they showed. There are very few "family" shows. When we talked about it we all agreed we didn't really miss it. My husband watches the weather in the morning before work.
 We had missed a lot of family time because of it. TV is a time stealer for sure. You know how many hours are wasted watching some thing you wouldn't watch normally but because "Its the only thing on" you watch it.. Okay okay I will hush now...
 I hope everyone enjoys this BEAUTIFUL Spring day(yeah Springs is officially here!)!! Its suppose to be 79* here and already is just wonderful out! Have a very Blessed day!

18 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

I immediately knew what SDC was - love it, and it has been far too long since we visited there!! We spent part of our honeymoon there - 32 years ago next month. Love all of your pictures. And agreed about tv. The only show I have watched regularly for months now: The Waltons. I can't get enough of it. It's like a comfort in these crazy times in which we live. Have a blessed Sunday, Tonia!
-Tammy

matty said...

How fun this looks -- especially the funnel cake! Yummers!

I love love love not having a TV. We talk, read, play, and go to bed earlier! LOL

Have a wonderful spring day!

Carol said...

Sounds like your life has been full and pleasant and that is a good sign! I agree with TV being a time stealer and would love to regulate ours more. It's a total addiction for my husband and I don't him giving it up anytime soon. I just have to become more creative in getting him to do different things :)
We are doing good by the way. Thanks for all of your support and prayers the last few months. It was a big help.♥♥♥♥♥

Missouri Gal said...

I agree about TV but mine is on while I sit here typing. Bewitched of course, I love the old shows the best. Good for you for turning yours off and having a REAL life!
I haven't been to SDC in sooo many years. 1987 I think it was. Every year I say I'm going to go but never do. The ticket prices are too high!
Glad Pineapple is okay!! And the bunnies are adorable! I miss having the nest boxes to look in and find all the wondeful babies!

Missouri Gal said...

PS, I love the little broken orange bunny! But they are all adorable!! Can I come play with your bunnies????

tree ocean said...

That funnel cake looks yummy! And the coaster looks scary! The bunnies and bucklings are adorable, of course your girls too!

We lost TV before Christmas when our last station did something to it's signal. I miss the news and actually it was fun watching some shows with the kids, but most of it was junk as you said.

Is that a bit of green I see in the trees behind the coaster? It was 65 in the shade here two days ago and then flurried the next day. Sigh.

hillybilly annie said...

I have told my youngest that I will ride any roller coaster with her as long as not upside down while we were on her make-a-wish trip. I have not been to sdc in awhile...the bunnies are cute, cute and I so like the orange one as well

A Rural Journal said...

Love the color of all the bunnies. Really cute and unique. :)

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

The bunnies are so adorable. Love your header photo. I am now hungry for funnel cakes which taste so much better when eaten at SDC! Love that place. Have you been there during the fall or winter seasons? Beautiful. But then it's beautiful any time of year. I love the atmosphere there. Have a great week!

Brenda said...

I think you're a wise woman for NOT riding that coaster! Too many upside down circles....

I love your bunnies. They look happy and healthy. Your boys are growing up fast too.

Family time sure beats tv time any time!

Julze said...

Sounds like some much-needed family fun time for you all. You wouldn't see me on that rooler coaster either LOL!
God bless and hugs,
Julia

PS Love the buns sitting IN the food dishes hehe...

Rural Rambler said...

Tonia Spring has SPRUNG in MissouREE! I was a little worried Saturday but Sunday was Bee-utiful!!! Sounds like you were busy! Those baby bunnies are darling and that is too funny about your kitty hitching a ride to church. Glad she was ok!

Deanna said...

Wasn't it totally gorgeous yesterday! You and yours have definitely been very busy.

SDC was our favorite get away when the kids were growing up. We still go there even though it is just the two of us. I find it peaceful to walk around and go through the shops and listen to the music. We will probably be in Branson next week end as a matter of fact, but SDC probably won't be on the list this time ;(

I agree with you about TV. My kids struggle with limiting the viewing for their children. So much of it is fundamentally just WRONG! Kudos for turning it off.

goatpod2 said...

Enjoyed the pictures! It's 71 here today which is nice.

Blessings,

Amy

Feral Female said...

Looks like you had FUN! Love the baby bunnies!

small farm girl said...

I agree with you on the tv. I will watch it for no reason. I will watch it, even if I don't know what I'm watching! I'm thinking about having it turned off.
We once had a chicken ride up under our bumper once. It rode there for over an hour! Talk about a suprise!

Becky said...

Your baby buns are TOO cute!! love them!! We have one litter weaned, 2 more that are almost 2 weeks old, one due today and Danny and Tristen bred a bunch of mini rex does Sunday! BABIES BABIES!!
Really loving this spring weather!! Windows are all open and the winter BLAHS have left! =)

the Goodwife said...

We got rid of TV over 5 years ago and feel the same way as you. It was a divisor in our family and we've never looked back! So glad we don't have it anymore.

Glad things are going well for you!