Friday, March 4, 2011

Peeper, Babies and Cake.....

The little Peeper frog in the barn..
 He was almost a midnight snack for the Barn Rooster!

Yes Bread stuck his nose to the heat lamp!

Little Dude discovery of the yummies in the feed pan!

 Mayonnaise Cake with Cream cheese frosting..
Recipe following the rest of the goat pics!

Butter is SURE someone left something....

Toast hit the jack pot!lol

Skeeter showing off!

Boys I am SURE the food came from here!!
 I didn't get babies disbudded today or hooves trimmed like I planned.. But it will get done.. I am getting over 3 gallons of milk a day from Sunshine, Mariah and Hope.. They are just a little over 1-2 weeks out from freshening.. They are easy milkers and it makes the job so much more enjoyable!
 Okay recipe for the Mayonnaise cake. Its not gross I promise.. Mayo is just eggs and oil...

 1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 1/2 cups water or coffee
 6 Tablespoons of Cocoa
3 cups of Flour
3 teaspoons of Baking Soda
1 1/2 cups of Mayo ( I use the cheapy brands)
 Preheat oven to 350*. Mix well and pour into greased cake pan.. Bake 30-35 minutes till knife comes out clean.
 Usual frosting is Cream cheese frosting..
 1 8 oz package of Softened cream cheese
2-3 cups of Powdered Sugar
2-3 Tablespoons of Milk
 Vanilla
Blend well till fluffy and spread on cooled cake..
 I have been making a Mayo cake since I was 10 yrs old. I have it memorized. Its very moist, rich and EASY..
 Okay I have to finish getting my stuff ready for 4H tomorrow! I hope everyone has an excellent and Blessed weekend!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Have a great weekend busy lady. You really need to take a day for yourself soon. I get wore out just reading about all you do :)

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

Heehee! Those little kids are sure curious about everything. Cuteness overload. :)

the Goodwife said...

Such sweet babies!

matty said...

So pretty, those babies! I love mayo cake, but haven't made it in years and years! It is really light!

have a great weekend!

Blondee said...

I love the names!! lol

Beautiful babies!

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures & poor Bread!

Blessings,

Amy

Gail said...

What beautiful babies.

Feral Female said...

Aw such cute kids! And that cake looks yummy yummy!!