Monday, March 28, 2011

OOooooo Green Grass!!

The new chicken yard...
Kyla and Kara helped me with it today..
So they will quit digging up my onions and stuff..
 They have plenty to clean up here..
I can throw them fresh stuff too.
Maybe when the garden gets a little bigger
they can free range again..

Dividing the pasture today..
Candice helped me finish this fence today..
Its hot wire that not hot..
The goats wont cross it because they are trained to electric....

Then we let them out in the first section.
Its not quite as tall as I wanted it to be when I let them out..
But boy did they love it!
 Sissy was running like the babies!

You couldn't get these guys to look at you for anything!
They were Busy!

Little Diego.. Tasting the yummy stuff!

Sissy Likes us ... Alot! Lol
I do believe she thinks she belongs in the house!

All the goaties except Moses and Jack!
Sissy was headed up to Candice...
 Its been a busy day today. I sold Sasha today. I have been doing major culling and I am down to 6 does. Sissy is the only Lamancha cross now. Everyone else is Nubian except Ethel who is Boer/Nubian cross.  Then we had some one come and look at a buckling too. They will be taking him home when he weans in a month.. I only  have 2 boys left Skittles and Diego, someone is interested in Skittles. I have done pretty well considering I have had so many boys!
 I still have 2 wethers from last year that will be going to butcher in the fall. One is Pizza that broke his leg and Eddie is the other. They weren't quite as big as Spaghetti and Clyde who went 2 weeks ago. They provided us with 60 lbs of meat total not to bad at a year old.. 
 So if I could sell these little boys and put that money back into a few things we need for the animals or the meat rabbits I want to get I figured that would be the best thing to do right now.  
 Good Night Everyone
 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Phillipians 4:7

6 comments:

Becky said...

Love that green grass!! Our yard had really perked up. I swear after one good rain it was just suddenly green everywhere!

Faye Henry said...

Hi Tonia... love all your doings. It is nice that your girls enjoy their farming life..
Looks wonderful.
Blessings...

Nancy said...

I hope you are able to make this work financially speaking. I find with the rise in grain prices, it's getting more difficult.

Have a great day, Tonia. :)

Rural Rambler said...

Sissy is too cute! She just looks like she is a happy goat :) Love the shots of Candace and the goats skippin' over the green grass! I think I am going to have to search your blog and look for info about Sissy. I love her!

the Goodwife said...

Whoo hoo for green grass! We don't have that nice green stuff just yet, but hopefully soon.

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures and yeah on the sales! We only have 5 bucks right now and the rest are doe's and wethers which we have 25 goats right now but we're not breeding or selling goats anymore though.

Blessings,

Amy