Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Goose Eggs, Disbudding And Babies....

Pick Me Pick Me!!

Just  a little bit closer......

Ugh the dreaded part of having babies..

But this makes it all better!

Skittles and Kyla and the 4H goat project Saturday.
They don't get babied...

 Woo HOOO we are out!

My indoor green house..
Got tomatoes, peppers and herbs in there..
 Now for the goose egg.... They aren't actual goose eggs.. No pic of it because its on the back of my head... I fell on Monday.. I was trying to put a screw into a difficult piece of 2X4 over my head while standing on a unsteady block of wood.....Yep wont be doing that again...
 I scared Candice half to death.. I came about an inch from hitting a brick with my head. Thankfully my hood and hair flipped up when I fell and cushioned my head some otherwise it would have probably been worse.
However I seriously thought I had broke my elbow... It hurt up to my shoulder and down into my wrist. But it was the hand I had the screw gun in.. I couldn't move for a few second felt like very long drawn out minutes. I finally was able to sit up and thought "Oh no I am going to have  a serious headache from this".. But nope not to bad.. I put Ice and Lavender oil on both my head and elbow... Well Candice Drenched my elbow with it!Lol  I have odd aches and and sore spots and my head is sore with a knot but it came out which is good.
 Last 2 nights before bed I have taken a couple of ibuprofen to help with inflammation and soreness. I will go see a friend Tuesday that does massage for injuries and things like that. I can feel it in my neck now.. So I hope it will help that.
 Its been rainy and chilly so it gave me an excuse to be a little lazy for a day or two.. Yesterday we got to visit with fellow Goat/homeschooling friends.. Fun day!
 So thats what we have been up too...

13 comments:

the Goodwife said...

Goodness girl! I'm glad you are ok! Last year while working on our barn I had a big ole piece of 8 foot 1x fall on my head, ouch! Saw stars, but like you the knot came out instead of goin' in so it was all good.

I LOATHE disbudding, and I totally stink at it. I've never managed to get the horns, despite getting a good copper ring and all, my babies always grow horns, they just don't have tips! I'm wondering if the tip on my iron was too small??

Anywho, I'm rambling, just very very glad you are ok!

goatpod2 said...

Nice pictures! Hate the disbudding part too which is why our vet does it for us, but now we're not breeding anymore though or selling.

Glad your fall didn't cause any serious damage though.

Take care and blessings,

Amy

Carol said...

Oh, getting a good massage will definitely help! Give yourself those lazy days to recover you need it and deserve it :)♥

MilkMaid09 said...

Oh no! Glad you're ok!
The babies don't seem to be too worse for wear after the disbudding. It's such a pain to know if you've got them good or not. We just had to re-do our 6 mos. calves - NOT fun!

Anke said...

Goodness, I'm glad you're ok and didn't get seriously hurt.

tree ocean said...

So glad you didn't break anything! I have had some close calls on rickety stuff and if you must, have the girls spot you!

When are you going to wether the boys?

R Dean said...

Glad you're okay...those baby goats are so cute!!! We are going to a lamb farm this weekend, I plan to take my notepad to get a lot of questions answered!!!

Deanna said...

Glad you are ok!

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

Glad to hear you're okay, hope the soreness subsides quickly!

Faye Henry said...

I hope you get feeling better, Dear. Your daughter is sooooo cute... Watch out mama...lol...
The goats are cute, too...
Have a great weekend...

Blondee said...

Love the little indoor greenhouse!

Feral Female said...

Of all the things we do here to and for out goats, disbudding is the one chore I dislike the most. That smell stays in your nose forever it seems!

Julze said...

Owie! I hope you are feeling better. Love your "glass house" ...very ingenious!