Saturday, February 12, 2011

Nothing Yet.....

 Just to let you all know... no babies yet.... We were even gone for several hours today doing serious grocery shopping and stocking up type stuff.. I am TIRED!!... I remember Why I don't like to shop. I get cranky and grumpy.. Yes I know one and the same.. Lol   Everyone else is a little cranky too!... But they sure aren't admitting it. We had really good Chinese food and ate way to much.. So after getting chores and everything put away they are all laying around slightly comatose watching a movie.
 We were all getting a little stir crazy but its better now.. The drive finally melted enough today to get the van Back in the drive. Kyle parked his work truck halfway up the drive yesterday because that was as far as it would go because of the packed down ice and snow.. He got out, slammed the door and the truck SLID backwards down the hill!!.. Scared him!! It turned slightly and the embankment stopped it otherwise it would have rolled right in to traffic on a busy highway in front of our house..
 I hope everyone has a great Sunday!..

13 comments:

Periwinkle Farm said...

I am on the same page as you no babies!!!! I think my rabbits are on strike because 3 of their due dates have come and gone : ( I hope you get some soon!

Brenda said...

Glad you had the opportunity to stock up! I'm sure it's a good feeling to have the shelves full again.

That's funny and a bit scary about Kyle's work truck. I can only imagine the look on his face when it slid back down the hill. I'm sure he didn't say anything he shouldn't have said when it happened. :D

Carol said...

I've had that happen with my car before and then when I was running to try and hop back in it I fell and almost ran over myself. Next time it will just roll till it stops on it's on!
I'm just excited watching the snow and ice melt this weekend!

Julze said...

How scary about the truck! I bet you were glad it stopped at the embankment!

goatpod2 said...

I know how it is with those does and kidding season! But we're not breeding anymore here though. I really don't mind grocery shopping with my parent's though!

Blessings,

Amy

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

that is a scary situation, for sure! glad nobody got hurt and the truck is ok. sure hope your little goatie delivers without any issues. she is so cute!

WeldrBrat said...

I guess y'all have never had to yell at kids about slamming doors. LMBO!!!!

Mrs. Bee said...

She's waiting to kid until Valentines Day :)
Glad your Hubby didn't get hurt when the truck slid!

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

Hi Tonia, glad you got to get out. And glad to hear the truck got stopped before something drastic happened! Hope the new babies arrived safe and sound. Take care!

Deanna said...

Those silly babies come when they are darn good and ready. Nothing wears me out that shopping. Ugh.

Whew on the run away truck. Thank goodness it hit an embankment.

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

That's scary about the truck! I'm so glad the truck was okay -- but also that no one got hurt.

It must be torture waiting for the babies to arrive. I can't wait to see some photos! :)

Becky said...

YIKES!! Scary about the truck!!
How about today? Any babies yet?? Waiting patiently! ;)

tree ocean said...

yum Chinese food! Is it your birthday? :D

Glad to hear Kyle and the truck are ok! We have lots of stories about slipping and sliding and snowbanks up here! (two days of pushing stuck farm vehicles last week!)

Give sunshine a little squeeze from me! LOL