Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fireman's Funeral Plus Baby Boys...


 The bell for the Ceremony and One of the trucks..
 I had never been to a Fireman's funeral..
 Oh my....
When they ring the bell and then make the last call for his number... 

Kyle with the Big flag behind him.
                                       

The Fire and  Rescue Truck Line up..
 2 departments stayed at the station to take calls..
 then 3 or 4 others were represented..

Sunshine's Boys....

 All 3 piled up in front of the door..

This morning after bottles and morning Relieving themselves!
 Little boy goats can PEE!!!

Finally settles RIGHT in the middle of the floor..
To nap...

 Hope to tired to stand and eat.. Lol..
She is getting so WIDE...
 Sunshine is doing okay... Her hip is still uneven which its actually her Pelvic bones. I talked to an Animal Chiropractor yesterday and she said there is a possibility that its broken.. S we need to have a X-ray first to see. Now My old vet is an hour away and the new one I am not to sure about yet.. She doesn't do ultra sound and so I don't know if she will do X-ray which I would think she would..  But we will see Monday..
 In the mean time... Sunshine is getting 4 cups of Comfrey/Red Raspberry/Dandelion tea 2-3 times a day which she inhales. Then I mix up a vitamin Cocktail which includes Multi-Vitamin,Brewer Yeast, Vit C, MSM/Glucosamine and Cayenne pepper. Also giving Tums for Calcium..   So for now she is doing okay...

14 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Oh so sad about the fireman's funeral :(

The babies are soooo adorable :) Best wishes to Sunshine, and poor big Hope! -Tammy

Becky said...

That's so sad. Our sherriff died of cancer a few years ago, and they did last call for him too. =(
The babies are so sweet! Really hope Sunshine is ok!!

Blondee said...

Yes, a firemans' funeral is something to watch. The somberness of the moment, the finality of the call, it's heartbreaking. May he rest in peace and his brothers carry on in his memory.

Poor girl, hopefully you'll get some answers tomorrow. Those babies are adorable!

Stone Cottage Mama said...

I just get a kick out seeing goats in a house. A kick!

Congrats on the babies. I hope the mother-bonding thing goes well.

Mrs. Bee said...

I am sad about the fireman...I have a special place in my heart for first responders.
The boys surely look healthy!
I am so sad for Mama Sunshine...but she has the best midwife caring for her! I'll be praying she just needs a chiro adjustment and some rest.
You try carrying big ol' triplets around And see how you feel!! Lol!
One at a time was enough for me ;)

MilkMaid09 said...

Service-person funerals are always terribly sad. Military funerals are so hauntingly sad that they stick with me for weeks.
I love the darkest buckling's color - so rich!
I can't imagine a vet that wouldn't do X-rays - I mean, a good part of a vet's job is fixing broken legs! I'm surprised she won't do ultrasounds either, but I guess that's just personal choice/or having the equipment. I wish Miss Sunshine all the luck in the world - and you the strength to get her mended up!

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

It's exciting to read about the new babies. They are so cute! I hope Sunshine doesn't have anything broken, poor girl. Let us know how she does.

Julze said...

My condolences tot eh family and friends tothe fireman. What a wonderful tribute to acknowledge his services as a firefighter.

The triplets are inside! How cute...I'm glad I'm not the only one that has all my animals living indoors at certain stages of the year LOL!

Sounds like you are being a great "nurse" to Sunshine and I love that Hope doesn't HAVE to stand to eat either...very considerate and practical when you are as wide as you are long! :-)

Nancy@A Rural Journal said...

Sad day for the firemen in your area, I imagine. Hugs to them and to your hubby.

Sunshine's boys are so cute. Especially the photo of them napping. :)

I hope she's okay -- let us know how things go.

Brenda said...

I was at a Fireman's service once several years ago. He was a good friend and died while rescuing someone who had fallen over a cliff. It is amazing the Honor and Respect extended to the Fireman. A service I'll always remember.

I hope Sunshine recovers quickly. Her boys sure look comfortable!

Feral Female said...

How sad about the fireman. The kids look great and I`m sending good wishes to Sunshine!

small farm girl said...

My Hubby's cousin was a firefighter. He was killed on the job. There were SO many lights and sirens at his funeral. The last call gave me chills. There were no dry eyes in the house.

I do hope that Sunshine gets better. We had a cow do that once. We really think she broke her hip giving birth. She done really well for a long time. She actually raised her calf. But, since we
wouldn't rebreed her, he had to put her down. So sad.

goatpod2 said...

Prayers for the fireman's family, never been to a fireman's funeral either. Yes, bucklings sure can pee! Our vet is 45 minutes away, she moved and bought a veterinary clinic where I grew up, she used to be 13 miles away. That is one reason we're not breeding goats anymore.

Amy

matty said...

Sending prayers for the fireman's family! And for Sunshine! Let's hope it is just a pulled tendon and she is going to heal on her own!