Friday, January 28, 2011

Not To Brag Or Anything....

But we had MORE sunshine today...
Don't worry after this weekend another winter storm is suppose to come through.. Oh Joy..
 Ever see a chicken begging???
They are begging to be let out!

So they can find this spot!!
They love it here..
Nice sandy dirt....
 We worked outside some more today. Started cleaning the barn out got the front half done and the back half will be done tomorrow. All that gooey squishy gross stuff is going on future garden spots! Its great to be able to work outside with out wearing 55.5 layers of clothing!
 The girls got a brief Vacation with Nana and Grampie.. I was glad to have a little time to myself but was so happy when the girls made it back home! Tink and Belle the house dogs were glad to see them too!
 All the pregnant goats are doing okay Sunshine has me a little worried as she is having difficulties getting around. I trimmed her hooves up some more but she still wasn't walking very well. I am a little worried about her. I have done a fecal and while it is a little high its not over the top and her eyes are pink but could be brighter... I have also been giving her Tums for Calcium and a Vitamin mix along with a mix of Magic every day.
 What is Magic? Well its a veggie oil(I use olive oil) and Molasses mixture that helps keep their energy up.I have just been giving her about 10cc's of the Magic mix a day. I may start giving it morning and night. I don't care HOW much she complains next year I am NOT breeding her! She will take a break!
  We have less than 3 weeks till kidding is a possibility!....
 Oh and I also got my taxes done today.. Yeah! Now if that check will just hurry up and get here!lol

13 comments:

MilkMaid09 said...

Sounds about like things at our house, 'cept for the sunshine part. There was a brief bout of sunniness yesterday, but it was like a whopping 60 minutes and was still mostly cloudy.
I wish we could get our taxes done, it's never until March because it seems like no one ever feels like sending our forms until then. (Prolly cuz we're towards the end of the alphabet) They don't give us a whole lot of time!

Nancy said...

Hey! It's okay to brag about the sunshine! I think you've earned it.

We supposed to get into the 40s today, then the bottom falls out tomorrow. After running errands, I'm going to get outside and test out a new camera lens I just got.

Good for you on the taxes. It's always fun to get that money! :)

goatpod2 said...

My parent's and I leave in about 3 weeks for our vacation!

Amy

Brenda said...

Yea for the sunshine! It's a great time to get things done outside. Congratulations on getting your taxes done so quickly!

Kelle said...

We've had sunshine and even temps as high as( yesterday's high) 52F. The animals are loving it, but it's short lived*sigh*, because another storm front is headed our way with highs forecasted only to be in the teens. It's a wonder we all aren't sick( one of our dogs has a snotty nose, which we've been treating with herbs and homeopathics, and it is better, but not gone)
Our chickens are loving it and they show us this by laying 17 eggs yesterday! that's up from the typically daily qouta of 5-7 eggs, LOL!!!

Praying your older gal strengthens up and has healthy kids for you. I remember being at this point with our old Jersey cow. My advice is just retire her completely. We gave Bessie a year off and then bred her again, after she'd gained and looked so good, and she not only almost died from milk fever, she had a still born heifer calf. :o( She mourned something awful. Just my experience and goats may recoup better, but if you love her my advice would be to retire her after this freshening. :o)

Blessings,
Kelle

Becky said...

BABIES!! That's when you KNOW spring is getting close!! Can't wait for updates and pictures!
It's suppose to be in the 60's here! Lots of outside time here today!

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

Isn't this sunshine great? Sounds like you are getting a head start on the spring chores. Wish I had some of that fertilizer to put on my garden spot, it really needs it. Those are healthy looking chicks. Call me weird, but I used to love listening to them.

Congrats on the refund, that's always nice! Take care.

Deanna said...

You sure got a lot done! I'm very impressed. Hope Sunshine is ok. Those begging chicks are cute.

Christine said...

I need to move South.

matty said...

We had sun, too! Isn't it wonderful!?? Your does are fabulous! Everyone looks fat and sassy!

Enjoy your weekend!

tberry29 said...

It was VERY nice here today...we had temps in the lower 70's. It was in the 30's this a.m and it warmed up that much..I was sure out there soakin it up too..Glad ya'll had some pretty weather. You got alot done girl!

small farm girl said...

We had a sunny day too! It was wonderful!!!!!

Verde Farm said...

You were busy today--got a lot done. Congrats on getting the taxes done-I hate doing it and I’m always last minute. The chickens are so pretty. I know they loved the sunshine. Mine have their special spots too :)