Friday, January 21, 2011

It Snowed!!!

We woke up To this a couple of days ago...
Got all of about 3inches.. 

This is what Goats do on a Snowy COLD day....

The other side...

This is as far as they go adding Fuel(hay) To the Fire(their Rumens)...

Even though missed days of work are tough on the check book..
Its always nice to have the Big muscles around in this weather!
It helps that he is also easy on the eyes!lol

So let the sledding begin!!!...

Kyle was helping slick things down!Lol
Mariah Kyla's Goat even went bouncing down the hill..
Pregnant belly and all!
But I didn't get a good pic of it..

They lasted about 30-40 minutes outside..
I got a little bit of quiet...
 We possibly may get a little more snow. But We had our snow and I am done now!! Let spring commence.. Lol Yes if it was only that easy... Ah well I will appreciate it all the more when it gets here..
  Everyone is doing good despite the cold. The pregnant goats are getting some serious udders. Sunshine my herd queen has really blossomed over night it seems like she still has at least 3 weeks. She had quads last year.... I told her she doesn't have to out do last years total.. Twins work just as well.. She has only had a single One time and that was her first kidding.. This is her sixth kidding..
 So we are in the final count down for goat babies.. AND I just counted up and we will Hopefully have baby bunnies due around the same time.. I did that with out realizing..Lol The other 2 rabbit does will be bred around the 1st of February..
 I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like the girls ... and Kyle ... finally got to try out the new sleds! You have a great hill for sledding. That's too funny about Mariah bouncing down the hill with them.

I hope the weather gets nicer for you to have all your babies.

tree ocean said...

great pix, glad to see the new young one finds a place, too. How on earth do you keep them from chewing that tarp to bits? remember my copycat house with 2X4 welded wire and plastic? they have totally trashed the wire and now eaten the plastic, in the middle of January. Idiots! Bored goats can get up to a lot of mischief!

We had 5 inches a couple days ago and something around a foot today- snowed like mad. Lots of snow out there here in Maine! brrr and coming off bitter cold below zero. FUN! (not)

our sleds both cracked this year so we have to get some new ones!

MilkMaid09 said...

Welcome to my world! Haha. As I type it's trying to snow even more! I hope the weather isn't this cold when the girls start kidding or I'm installing the baby monitor in the barn!

Anke said...

We had some snow yesterday as well, only about 1-2 inches, but enough to delay school for 2 hours. We might get more snow on Monday or Tuesday and I am not looking forward to it. So far we already have to make up 4 snow days and nobody wants to make up any more...

Gail said...

I enjoyed the post but Ithink I enjoyed the count down to spring as muc!!! I am ready!

goatpod2 said...

We got about 3 inches of snow here as well on Thursday! Good luck with the kiddings and bunnies. My parent's and I will be headed to Georgia and Florida in a month!

Amy W.

http://goatpod2.wordpress.com

Verde Farm said...

The sledding looks like so much fun--great hill for it. The goats look very cozy snuggled in together. I don’t blame them--it’s so cold here and I know it’s much colder for others--either way-I am ready for spring :)

Faye Henry said...

Hi.. I love the pics of the goats trying to stay cozy... I know how they feel...lol...
The girls look like they are having a great time...
Have a great Sunday tomorrow...
Blessings..

Feral Female said...

Your goats and mine do the same thing, stay inside and chow down when the snow blows in. =)

Deanna said...

It looks like fun out there - especially since you had extra muscles around for the day. We got a lot more snow than you did this past time. The snow they were calling for today, though, looks like it might miss us entirely. YEA!

the Goodwife said...

We got about 7 inches total from Wednesday night to Sunday. We don't have any good hills for sledding though :(

Looks like your lovelies had lots of fun, and so nice you got to goggle your handsome man! ;)