Friday, January 14, 2011

The Hard Part.....

 Is saying good bye...
This is Kara's Holland Lop Rabbit Rosie. She was 6 years old almost 7.. She died today. She hadn't been doing well and seemed to not be able to fight off stuff as well in the last couple of weeks. She wasn't eating much and just not doing well. This morning when Kara went out to do chores she had passed away during the night. She was heart broken even though she knew it was going to happen.. This was the little rabbit that got her started in all the rabbits. She was a sweet heart and so easy to handle I am just sad we didn't have any of her babies to keep.. Its so tough when you are so attached...

Today we went visiting friends... One of them was Brenda over at Granny's Best   She is Knee Deep in Kids!! Goat Kids ya Know?? Wanna see some babies go check out her blog..
 I have A pic to share but you will have to see the rest over there..
This is one of her sets of quads...
Aren't they adorable???
I will let her tell about them though.
 Especially the one in the front and center..
 I will have more DIYer recipes soon.. Tomorrow's agenda cleaning out the chicken house while the sun is shining!! Have a good weekend!

17 comments:

Verde Farm said...

I am so sorry about the bunny. That breaks my heart for her. She was beautiful too.

The little goaties are precious. I could just squeeze them up :)

Brenda said...

I'm really sorry about Kara's bunny. She was beautiful! I'm sure you'll miss her.

Thanks for the visit and help moving the babies today! I enjoyed seeing you and your girls. You brought a welcome break in this busy kidding season.

Periwinkle Farm said...

I am sorry about your loss. I hope that Kara is not taking it too hard.

Kritter Keeper said...

ah, that is so sad about the bunny. it is not easy to loose a loved one even if it has fur. the goats are so sweet! i want to pet them!

Julze said...

I am so sorry for your loss (((hugs))) Rosie looks a bit like one of our buns *sniff* :-(

Becky said...

=( Aww. Poor Kara. We just lost one that was over 7. It's HARD!

Anke said...

I am so sorry about the bunny, it must be very hard for your daughter. We've had to say goodbye to dogs, bunnies and guinea pigs over the years and it hurts every single time.

Nancy said...

Poor lit' bunny. It's so hard when a furry friend, who has been around this long, passes. Hugs to Kara.

The goaties are adorable. I'll have to go check out more pics. :)

goatmilker said...

So sorry to hear about her bunny. My daughter has lost a couple and it don't seem to get any easier. Have a good day Rebekah

Tina said...

So sorry about Kara's rabbit. It's been a long time since we've had them but I so loved most of them (never could get fond of the biters!) and it always hurt to lose one.
Yes, I read Brenda's post this morning....the only thing saving me right now from adding more goats to My life is an overfilled barn!

Deanna said...

Losing a pet is never easy. It is a shame there are no offsprings. Winter is hard on sickly animals, no matter how you try to protect them.

Such cute little goats ;)

goatpod2 said...

So sorry to hear about Kara's bunny! It is always hard saying goodbye to those beloved pets. The goat kids are cute, no kiddings here though, haven't had kidding season here since '07.

Amy W.

Kelle said...

That is the downfall of loving animals, you know they will die before you( well except parrots) Please tell Kara we're sorry for her loss. I always tell myself that I'm going to be strong and not cry, it NEVER works!

HUGS,
Kelle

matty said...

I am so sorry for Kara's loss. It is like losing a family member!

the Goodwife said...

Sorry Kara for the loss of your bunny! It's never easy to lose a pet :(

Hope got your chicken house nice and clean today. We've got more bad weather comin' in on Monday.

God bless!

tree ocean said...

I am sorry for your loss!

small farm girl said...

Awww, so sorry to hear about your loss. It can be hard sometimes.