Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ahh BOYS!!......


Teen-aged Goat Boys that is...
This is what they did to the back of their shelter.
Its loose and has no panel along the back .
 They thought it was great fun to bounce off of it ..
Over and over and over.....
They were sticking their head through the hole....

So I rearranged and took their toy away..
Its still not pretty but it will work til I can get them something sturdy built.
 I think they are bored..
I plan on building a couple of platforms for them to lounge and play on too.
 I also plan on adding another panel length to the pen.
 Right now its 16X32 this will make it 32X32..
Moses and Jack checking things out...
 I also moved the wether boys house and hay feeder. They kept bedding down on the other side of the fence by the barn instead of in their shelter. They were loosing weight trying to keep warm out there! It takes energy to keep the body warm and they are suppose to be growing for food not to see how close they can still be to momma! So I had to wedge their quonset hut out of the bedding that had piled up and drag it to the new spot and redo the hay feeder.. Easy way to clean house!Lol  Except I was dragging it by myself.. Except for the boys..
 My girls are gone to Nana and Grampie's for a few days of vacation!lol They did double school work last week to take a few days off.. They were getting a little cabin fever. I have to do ALL the outside chores though.. All well I spent most of the day today outside and it was not bad. I ended up shedding hat and fleece pullover. I got a little warm. They sun wasn't shining much but that's okay I was just outside and that's good enough..
 That's it for tonight.. I hope everyone has a good one...

12 comments:

Mandy said...

LOL Brats!!! Good thing they're just too darn cute to get into trouble!! :)

Julze said...

hehe...naughty boys....I hope you "grounded" them ! LOL!!
Thanks for the giggle :-)

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

Boys will be boys...right? But they sure can cause a lot of extra work while they are having fun! I really enjoy reading about your goats, Tonia. Great posts. Take care, Cheryl

matty said...

Bad boys! Wonder why they insist on being outside?? Silly goats!

Nancy said...

I like the new color combinations on your blog, Tonia. Very Springy!

Idle hooves are the Devil's workshop? They need some toys!

Cute post. I love reading about your goaties.

goatpod2 said...

Life of a buck! We had to reinforce many of our fences because of our bucks but now we don't have to worry about that since we only have 5 bucks right now.

Blessings,

Amy

http://goatpod2.wordpress.com

tree ocean said...

My goat boys were the ones who tore their house apart, glad to see you fixed yours! That is another reason not to have horns cos they do so much damage and then once they get their head through they can't get it out cos of the horns...grrr

Feral Female said...

Boys will be boys as the saying goes. I hope they got a good finger wagging! =)

Becky said...

So teenage goats act JUST like teenage boys? ;)

OurCrazyFarm said...

Would you please send some of that "warm" up here?? I have forgotten what it is to be warm when you go outside or wearing anything other than 3 layers of clothing just to get out the door. So good to see grass again in your pics~ even if it is brown grass:)))

Nezzy said...

'Just goes to show ya...boys will be boys!!!

Enjoy your day sweetie!!!

Brenda said...

I can just see Moses and Jake bouncing off the back of their tarp barn! It must have taken a lot of bouncing to put the hole is that strong sturdy tarp.

Don't overwork yourself while the girls are gone!