Tuesday, December 28, 2010

WOW!! Thank you!

You all don't know how much all those sweet comments mean to me. I couldn't help it I cried when I read the comments and emails that came in.. I appreciated it so very much! I have been able to get a grip on my worries and have been in contact with the new doctor. Kara is still cool, calm and collected. She has asked a few more questions but her and her sisters are staying with friends tonight while on Christmas break.. I will update you all as soon as we know something new..

 And another update on Ms Ethel... She is doing great! Still locked up because she has come into heat due to the Lutalyse. Makes everyone react to her and run her ragged. So I will give her a few days still of being locked away. She is eating well and the diarrhea is completely gone. She has finished the antibiotic but I am continuing with the tea twice a day. She doesn't fight it at all and swallows it right out of the drench syringe.
 I think she is going to be okay! She is loving all the attention as you can see. This brings my bred doe count down to 4!! FOUR?? I have never had less than 6 except my very first year when I had 2.... Ahh well there is a reason I am sure..
  Again THANK YOU so much everyone for the sweet words! I started to try and visit all the blogs but I got lost along the way! So just know that if I didn't get there I did appreciate it from everyone very much!..
 Have a good night!

15 comments:

the Goodwife said...

Blog buddies are the best! The power of prayer is a fabulous thing, as you know and we will all be thinking of and praying for you all! Hugs to you and yours!

Verde Farm said...

Hang in there Tonia. It will all be alright. Ms. Ehtel is doing great and your girl will too :)

small farm girl said...

Everything will be fine. One way or the other. Simply, just pray.

Brenda said...

I'm glad you are feeling better .... and Ethel too! She looks really good.

Nancy said...

Awww, don't cry Tonia. Well, actually you were probably due for a good cry, so let 'er rip.

We can all relate to crappy stuff happening -- support and good vibes from friends is always a good thing. :)

tree ocean said...

Great pix of Ethel! I know what you mean about them harassing her in heat, the lutelayse sp does a number on them!

Kelle said...

Just read about the blood work and Kara's test. Praying for all of you. I know as a mama how stressfull it can be to think about a child with an questinable diagnosis. God is the Great Physcian(sp?) and our prayer is that He heals this abnormality completely.
HUGS,
Kelle

Feral Female said...

Keep good thoughts Tonia!

goatmilker said...

Glad you and the goat feel better. Rebekah

matty said...

Aren't friends a blessing? Someone once said to me, "A good friend doesn't require physical presence." Amen!

Glad Ms. E is doing so much better. She looks right perky!

OurCrazyFarm said...

Great pics! Bloggy friends are wonderful! Hoping to hear good news for the girls soon. Remember to rejoice in the trials~ you will be knowing God in a way that you never would have known Him without the trials.

Stacey said...

Continued prayers.

Amanda said...

In regards to Ethel and her miscarriage: a very well known goat breeder here in Kansas wrote on a goat group I belong to about toxoplasmosis and cats in the barn this morning. I know you mentioned the miscarriage possibly being caused with selenium deficiency, which certainly could be a possibility but wanted to pass along the info to you about the toxo. too. I know pregnant women are often times told to stay away from cats and cat boxes during pregnancy. I read a lot on this when I was pregnant with my first but after all the reading I did, I pretty much just decided to wash my hands real well (a no brainier) and had owned cats for my entire life so if there was any chance of getting it, I probably already had long before and was immune. But goats may be a different story and while this may not be the cause at all, it's certainly interesting nonetheless.

~Tonia said...

We have always had cats around the goats, chickens too. I dont think that was it as the baby was pefect where the Toxo will have deformed looking babies and usually are mummified. Also they abort in the 1st half of pregnancy with Toxo and she only had at the most 6 weeks left. She was due around Feb 15th.
I have had so many other issues with Selenium I am pretty sure that is what is causing it.
Thanks for the suggestion though. Its always good to look at all possibilties at Why something happened!

R Dean said...

Ms. Ethel is such a cutie and such a "ham" for the camera!