Thursday, December 9, 2010

Whats Going On Around Here.....

Our Resident Lion!
He is Ferocious...haha

What I spent my Winnings from Flat Creek Farm on...
An Herb Knife..
I have been itching to use it...lol

And a Tea pot with a shut off Infuser!
I have used it and it works wonderful!

How you put up Christmas Lights
If you dont have a ladder!

My thrift store tree!
 My Mother-in-law found it last year.
We already had our little tree up so I put it upstairs.
I dont think it had ever been put together..
It was in great shape! 
 We have been dealing with extreme cold for this time of year. 30's have been the highs and teens for the lows.. The next 3 days Heat wave with the highs at 50* then dropping back down to 27-30 for the highs.. One good thing it kills off the parasites like Barber pole in the ground that I have been dealing with in the goats!
 We are getting ready for our local Christmas parade this weekend. The girl's 4H group has a float in it. The goats and Hobo will be included! We are all excited.. However I don't think the goats are quite as thrilled...
  Have a good weekend everyone!

10 comments:

the Goodwife said...

Such cute pics and your tree is lovely! It has been ccccoold! That herb/ulu knife looks nice!

Don't freeze in the parade!

Brenda said...

I love the herb knife. I'll bet you put it to lots of good use ... as well as the tea pot.

Your tree is very pretty. Have fun at the parade. I hope the goats do well!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Love your lion.. so cute! And the reindeer goat - precious! You have been busy. pretty tree too. and hubby used a similar "ladder" method to put our lighted wreath up on the barn earlier this week. Kinda scary, but it worked!! Awesome goodies you picked out.. enjoy!! :) -Tammy

GailinVirginia said...

Hi, I love that little tiger...haha! he is just too adorable with those blue eyes and that one big tooth:) is he an inside kitty, I hope.
Never heard of a cut-off infusion for a teapot but I bought a plastic tea maker for one cuppa fresh...I must try it out:)

The tree is inspiring isn't it? and your daughters are always lovely:)

Bet you're really busy with your Simple Life...congratz:)
Happy Holidays to you and family,Gail

Blossom said...

LOL!!!Great photos!~ love that last one. dd says: "We gotta get some antlers for our kitty!"

tree ocean said...

Great pics! Love the goat mug, too. That is really cold for you guys! But how come your grass is still so nice and green?

I put up some pics of our snow and some of my goats @ 2 much detail...

Now I would like to see the house all lit up from the outside at night, please! :D

Nancy said...

Your post reminds me I need to get out the santa hats for the dogs... if I can find them.

Your caribou goat is too cute. Be sure to take lots of photos of the float! :)

Nezzy said...

You celebrate the season well girl. We've used the redneck ladder method often. Heck, I stood on my lawnmower to trim the lower branches outta the big tree in the front yard! Heeehehehe!

I'm so smitten with your resident Lion....I want one!

I sure could'a used that Herb Knife when I was choppin' coconut for fudge.

Congrats on your win girl!

God bless ya and have a most stupendous day sweetie!!!

small farm girl said...

The goat is so cute with the antlers! Have fun at the parade.

Feral Female said...

What an adorable lion! The tree looks lovely!